irBoard is iOS application which makes your iPhone / iPod touch / iPad a display with a touch panel for the PLC(Programmable Logic Controller *1).
*1 PLC - A digital computer used for control of machinery on factory assembly lines, etc.
iPhone / iPod touch is execution only except iPhone 6/7 Plus. For the editing pages, you need the iPad or iPhone 6/7 Plus. For the execution on iPhone / iPod touch, to transfer the project data from the iPad using the export function.
First of all, please try the free edition irBoard Lite.
Almost all of the feature is available on the irBoard Lite. It is limited, connection time to the real PLCs to 60 minutes in a day.
Please purchase the paid edition, if the price is sufficient for your business uses.
We have enterprise edition, which is the reasonable price. It’s the custom B2B application. Please contact us about the enterprise edition.
- You can monitor and modify the value of a device in PLCs.
- You can make landscape layout and portrait layout. (later v1.5.0)
- By using the iOS device's camera, you can read the bar code or QR code and store it to the PLC’s registers.
- Though almost touch panels for the FA use is fixed. It has excellent portability.
- You can also check the status of the device in PLCs from a remote location.
- For safety, the manipulation to the connected PLC devices are permitted only to one iOS device.
- It can connect to the multiple FA machine by switching a project from the only one iOS device.
- Communication with PLCs via Ethernet.
- Supported PLCs: MITSUBISHI Electric, KEYENCE, OMRON and YOKOGAWA Electric through the Ethernet connection.
- And added the Modbus/TCP connection.
- It can also connect to an open source PLC LadderDrive which is running on Raspberry Pi. (https://github.com/ito-soft-design/ladder_drive)
- It can be a touch panel for Raspberry Pi using LadderDrive.
- You can edit pages on the iPad. It's not possible with iPhone / iPod touch.
- You can limit the use area by using a BLE device that emits Beacon.
- You can monitor a Web camera with it.
- It's possible to consist pages from the CSV file. see: http://itosoft.blogspot.jp/2014/04/irboardcsv.html
- By using option of Setting app, you can export and import all project data with iTunesFileSharing at launching irBoard app.
- version 1.2.1
- It enables you to share whole data via iTunes File Sharing.
--- Notes ---
irBoard can switch on/off devices. If you need to interlock devices controlled by PLC, you need to configure that on PLC. If there are some devices of which you are not sure about safety, please set the permission of them readonly and don't use that function.
There is health status. So you can check whether the connection is normal or not. If it lost the connection, you should operate safely on your PLC.
Thank you for using irBoard.
Changes in version 1.6.6
· When entering text with a value part, null characters are filled in after the end of string.
- Fixed communication breaks when handling text with Modbus/TCP.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.