By Thinstuff s.r.o.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iRdesktop is a free Remote Desktop Client for Windows Terminal Services (Remote Desktop Services), capable of natively using the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) in order to view and control your Windows Desktop using your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
iRdesktop supports all Windows Versions that have support for Terminal Services respectively Remote Desktop Services out of the box.
You must know that Microsoft has removed Terminal Services (Remote Desktop Services) from the Windows Home and Starter editions. In order to access those Windows systems with any RDP client you can install our alternative Terminal Services (Remote Desktop Services) solution called "Thinstuff XP/VS Terminal Server" (http://www.thinstuff.com/products/xpvs-server/). The good news is that iRdesktop users will get a big discount for a single-user XP/VS Terminal Server version which allows you to have 1 Remote Desktop connection in addition to your PC's console session even on Windows Home and Starter editions!
To get your discount code just follow the "Discount ..." link on the iRdesktop start screen.
SUPPORTED REMOTE SYSTEMS
- Windows XP Home (*)
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows XP Media Center 2005
- Windows Vista Home Basic and Home Premium (*)
- Windows Vista Business, Ultimate and Enterprise
- Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium (*)
- Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, Enterprise
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows Small Business Server 2003
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008R2
*) only with Thinstuff XP/VS Terminal Server
- Mouse emulation: left-, right- and double-click, and drag & drop
- Supports the standard, familiar iPhone keyboard for text entry
- Zoom and pan the remote desktop screen as in the Safari browser
- Rotate the device to switch between portrait and landscape views
- Create an unlimited number of predefined connection entries
- Connect through WIFI or your cellular data network (GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA etc.)
- Safari-like page view for switching between multiple concurrent sessions
- Compatible with the iPhone's built-in VPN (L2TP, PPTP, IPSec) for secure access to corporate and home networks
- Includes a promotion discount code for Thinstuff's XP/VS Terminal Server
- No support for TS Gateway (a special RDP VPN solution for Windows Server 2008)
- No sound and clipboard redirection
English, French and German
What's New in Version 1.0.7
Some minor fixes
Still great, needs updated
This used to be the best but since there haven't been any updates its a little disappointing. This app hasn't been updated to reflect screen resolution changes so there are always black bars on the top and bottom of the phone. With resolution update could be 5 stars. Still very quick and functional.
Once Great but now old and not improving
Wish the developer would consider adding more features. Oh well still works well and decent for the price.
this is not a one stop app to setup remote desktop for you. This is a simple dumb rdp client so you need to know how to setup the server portion. If you can't do this try logmein or teamviewer hd
I have stopped using this due to lack improvements. Much better free ipad rdp clients out now.
Great, effective app
I've been using this for 2+ years on my iPhone 3GS and I've never had a problem. Does what it says - simple, easy, effective remote software.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jul 04, 2011
- Version: 1.0.7
- Size: 2.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: Thinstuff s.r.o.
- © 2008-2011 Thinstuff s.r.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.