iReal Pro - Music Book & Play Along
By Technimo LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from 35 different accompaniment styles. (More available with In-App purchase)
• 15 Jazz Styles: Afro 12/8, Ballad Even, Ballad Swing, Bossa Nova, Double Time Swing, Even 8ths, Gypsy Jazz, Latin, Latin/Swing, Long Notes, Medium Swing, Medium Up Swing, Slow Swing, Swing Two/Four, Up Tempo Swing
• 8 Latin Styles: Argentina-Tango, Brazil-Bossa Acoustic, Brazil-Bossa Electric, Brazil-Samba, Cuba-Bolero, Cuba-Cha Cha Cha, Cuba-Son Montuno 2-3, Cuba-Son Montuno 3-2
• 12 Pop Styles: 12/8 Rock, Bluegrass, Country, Disco, Funk, Reggae, RnB, Rock, Shuffle, Slow Rock, Smooth, Soul
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, fender rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
Play, edit, and import any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be imported from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano and guitar fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Support for AudioBus and guitar connection kits
• Support for AirTurn™ and other bluetooth page turners
ADDITIONAL FEATURES VIA IN-APP PURCHASE
12 Extra Jazz Styles:
– Ballad Double Time Feel
– Ballad Melodic
– Blue Note
– Doo Doo Cats
– Even 16ths
– Even 8ths Open
– Guitar Trio
– Medium Up Swing 2
– New Orleans Swing
– Second Line
– Trad Jazz
– Up Tempo Swing 2
Always backup your songs!
What's New in Version 6.2
- Added option to choose between normal and embellished chords for each style
- Added min#5 chord quality
- Improved Gypsy Jazz style
- Improved guitar chord diagrams
- Improved playback of diminished triads (lowercase 'o') to not include the diminished 7th
- Fixed issue where Username and Password to forums were not saved when user selected Remember Me during login
- Fixed issue where chord chart would print in wrong size from iPad and iPhone 4
- Fixed rendering of long songs on iPad
- Fixed other minor bugs
A Game Changer!
iReal Pro jumped up my playing instantly. I use it for several hours every day. Although I am a free improv pianist, I don't know much jazz so I generally don't use iReal Pro as expected. I use the tunes to work on scales, arpeggios, block chord exercises,etc.
Note, the in-app purchases: scales, piano and guitar fingerings, and song styles are totally worth it!
Like someone else here said, iReal Pro has a great record of improving its app over time. It's fantastic.
I think out of the 29 people I've demonstrated the app to, 28 bought it immediately and 22 of those thanked me, later.
An essential for jazz musicians, especially students
Jazz saxophonist here. This app is incredible for practicing solos when you can't get a rhythm section to rehearse with. You can download their Jazz 1300 playlist with one click and instantly have a ton of standards to play, and if your song isn't in there it's extremely easy to input the chords. The different styles are all great too. This app is improving all the time. Essential for any jazz musician, especially for students. Totally worth the money!
Best app for practicing
These guys behind this app deserve all my admiration and 5* always working on improving the app fixing bugs. Now a new version 6.2 with more features added and even more.
I just hope in order to keep improving they won't change ( keep adding ) what is already good, nice and easy to work with. Very happy with this app so far.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 28, 2015
- Version: 6.2
- Size: 73.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Technimo LLC
- © Technimo
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Jazz Styles PackFree
- Pop Styles PackFree
- Latin Styles PackFree
- Guitar ChordsFree
- Chord ScalesFree
- Piano ChordsFree
- Extra Jazz Styles$4.99