Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
Used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute.
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from the included 50 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...) and 12 blues styles available as a one-time In-App purchase
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, Fender Rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and download any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be downloaded from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Always backup your songs!
- Fixed German localization that prevented the Preferences panel from working correctly
Ratings and Reviews
This app is amazing
I wish I had this as a teenager. This is great - the 1-star reviewers baffle me. It's a free app that lets you download changes and change up tempo, loop a section, try different rhythms, etc. Who would complain about that. The best players out there (in jazz at least) know about this app and use it, and that says it all.
More styles would be useful
Generally I love the App. It is great as a simple library and practice tool and for making simepl charts.
There are some common styles that conspicuously absent. Some simple hip hop beats with backbeat and swing would be useful. Also more afro cuban styles.
Feel free to charge for new sets lik you did with the blues, but PLEASE make these available
After upgrading Mac to Sierra, I see iRealPro constantly starting in an endless loop. It was working OK on El Capitan. Please fix or provide solution. I tried deleting the app, emptying trash, rebooting and re-installing, with no luck. Same thing, endless loop of starting up the app, every time with new process ID. To stop it I have to do killall -9 iReal in the command line. Please help. It used to be a good useful app for me.
Developer Response ,
We've tested it and it worked fine. Make a backup of your songs and reinstall the app.
If it doesn't solve the issue, please contact us through our website. Thank you!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.