iReal Pro - Music Book & Play Along
By Technimo LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from 35 different accompaniment styles. (More available with In-App purchase)
• 15 Jazz Styles: Afro 12/8, Ballad Even, Ballad Swing, Bossa Nova, Double Time Swing, Even 8ths, Gypsy Jazz, Latin, Latin/Swing, Long Notes, Medium Swing, Medium Up Swing, Slow Swing, Swing Two/Four, Up Tempo Swing
• 8 Latin Styles: Argentina-Tango, Brazil-Bossa Acoustic, Brazil-Bossa Electric, Brazil-Samba, Cuba-Bolero, Cuba-Cha Cha Cha, Cuba-Son Montuno 2-3, Cuba-Son Montuno 3-2
• 12 Pop Styles: 12/8 Rock, Bluegrass, Country, Disco, Funk, Reggae, RnB, Rock, Shuffle, Slow Rock, Smooth, Soul
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, fender rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
Play, edit, and import any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be imported from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano and guitar fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Support for AudioBus and guitar connection kits
• Support for AirTurn™ and other bluetooth page turners
ADDITIONAL FEATURES VIA IN-APP PURCHASE
12 Extra Jazz Styles:
– Ballad Double Time Feel
– Ballad Melodic
– Blue Note
– Doo Doo Cats
– Even 16ths
– Even 8ths Open
– Guitar Trio
– Medium Up Swing 2
– New Orleans Swing
– Second Line
– Trad Jazz
– Up Tempo Swing 2
Always backup your songs!
What's New in Version 6.0.1
- Added support for iPhone 6/6+
- Completely new improved song editor for the iPad that also works in landscape orientation
- Stability improvements and bug fixes
The most essential music app that I have found
I ran across this app several years ago in one of its earlier incarnations, and got it immediately. It instantly became one of my most essential apps of any type, and it is critical for music life.
It is one of the best charting programs I have ever found, whether on a mobile device or desktop, and I had been looking for years. Over the years it just gets better and better.
It has so many facets that are invaluable: the forums that are the source of so much material, the well designed UI for easily entering or editing charts, the ability to quickly change keys, the organizational features, the ease of transferring charts to others, the playback features...
And, the developer has always been very responsive and helpful in the few times I have reached out about issues or feature requests. I very much appreciate that - it is increasingly rare these days.
I play in a small jazz group, and we use it as our primary "music reference." I tell all of my musician friends this is the most essential app they can get.
Unique, Superior, Captivating !
There are several apps with similar objectives, but Sometimes an app maker manages to hit the nail right on the head. All you need is a little know-how and you are holding a band at your whim. This app is beyond anything I have seen, wish I had it many years ago when I was sweating as a solo musician. I would buy this app, even if it hundred of $. Thank you guys and CONGRATULATIONS - FOR A SUPERIOR APP .
OK, that was my review several months ago, still stands, but life is a dynamic process and you cannot stop at what you have done heretofore.
I am having problem doing a backup, ie during backup my keyboard drops off and cannot email or back up via the other options.
On a second drill, you must and I mean, YOU MUST allow for a melody line by using just a G-clef, so that the composing musician can spread his rudimentary melodic line. You have already expanded the Lyrics capability, I know you can do the G-clef in a simplified form, even if you sacrifice screen space.
Not only I know you can do it, I will go as far as to say, I want no royalties for this, unless you help me with my back up issue.
Thanx, you are doing a superb application
An old fart who is addicted to doing music.
My trumpet Professor was right
This app is great!
The actual software you buy is a platform with no charts, just a wide variety of accompaniments. The beauty of this is that the tunes come from a strong community of users that can be accessed easily through the app, making it virtually unlimited by copyright. Brilliant.
Lots of customization and editing options and details that musicians care about like EQ's and tempo are at your fingertips. Check out the desktop app if you want to get into editing and creating your own tunes, or use your iOS device to keep track of your chords when writing.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 24, 2014
- Version: 6.0.1
- Size: 71.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Technimo LLC
- © Technimo
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Jazz Styles PackFree
- Pop Styles PackFree
- Latin Styles PackFree
- Guitar ChordsFree
- Chord ScalesFree
- Piano ChordsFree
- Extra Jazz Styles$4.99