iReal Pro - Music Book & Play Along
By Technimo LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from 47 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...)
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, fender rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and import any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be imported from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Support for AudioBus and guitar connection kits
• Support for AirTurn™ and other bluetooth page turners
Always backup your songs!
What's New in Version 7.0.1
5 out of 5
This is the hippest music app I've found. I use it constantly for practice, instruction, rhythm chart arrangements, etc., etc. I've recommended it to band mates and required my students to purchase it. Each upgrade delivers better sounds and more flexibility.
I have two small quibbles:
- The walking bass too often lands on the major or minor 3rd on beat "1" of a measure. This can be very musical on a one chord vamp or in freer types of jazz, but when it occurs randomly, as it seems to do, it makes the chord resolution sound weak.
- About "Doo Doo Cats": I don't know where you guys are from but in my neck of the woods, if I ever called out "Hey boys,let's play that 'Doo Doo Cats', groove " on the bandstand I'd be confronted with blank stares or flying beer bottles.
Mostly well done, BUT...
For me, the most important part is, how is it with entering chords to create my own songs? And that's why I gave it only 3 stars.
Sound quality and variety of patterns for all instruments seems to be very good, and for the people that will simply download and play songs, this app will work well.
However, Song entry takes FOREVER. The chord entry method of "type the note, then select the chord suffix from a scrolling menu" is very clunky and awkward. I have not used iReal Pro very long, so there may be shortcuts I am not aware of yet. But if this is the only way to get chords into a chart, I will be sticking to BandInABox on my Mac.
I don't often write app reviews, but this one compels me to do so. The depth, flexibility, and power of this app is just amazing. Oh how I wish this had existed decades ago when I was first trying to learn how to read and play over changes. It also helps one understand music theory and notation more quickly. It is supremely useful as a practice tool, and can even be used in performance situations. Five stars and two thumbs up for such a well designed app!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 15, 2016
- Version: 7.0.1
- Size: 54.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Technimo LLC
- © Technimo
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Jazz Styles PackFree
- Pop Styles PackFree
- Latin Styles PackFree
- Guitar ChordsFree
- Chord ScalesFree
- Piano ChordsFree
- Extra Jazz StylesFree