iReal Pro - Music Book & Play Along
By Technimo LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from 47 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...)
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, fender rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
Play, edit, and import any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be imported from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Support for AudioBus and guitar connection kits
• Support for AirTurn™ and other bluetooth page turners
Always backup your songs!
What's New in Version 6.3.1
- Stability improvements and bug fixes
A bargain at twice the price
This is a very impressive app for the professional/educated musician. This will forever forward be a requirement for any of my jazz students, and I am learning how to play over awkward progressions I never quite got a handle on myself. Like the 1625. Kidding! Well, kind of; I'm not kidding when I say I just spent an evening learning new ways of negotiating "Take the a train." All thanks to this seemingly simple little app, where I can cycle any progression, or bit of a progression, that I want, at any speed. In all seriousness, this app would have accelerated my college jazz experience exponentially. When I graduated 15 years ago, we were still using Jamie Aebersold records as backing tracks for crying out loud. Yes, there are, and have been, ways of making backing tracks for yourself, but never this fast and easily. Programming took a little while to figure out, but I figured it out on my own, and while it is less than what I would call intuitive, it's not that hard once you figure it out, and I expect to be an expert at it within a month or two, using it a couple times a week. If I were still a student and had more time to practice and learn, it would be mastered much faster. I am not exaggerating when I say this may be one of the greatest tools for serious musicians ever created.
Just the Best
Truly an app for the professional gigging musician, whether for practice or performance. Takes the Band-in-the-Box idea & concentrates & refines it - concentrates on creating background jazz tracks that sound very authentic, w/ an especially great sound on the acoustic bass & drums. Refined, because it doesn't try to be everything to everybody - while it includes some fun pop rhythms, the meat is in the jazz rhythms, w/ the added bonus of some great sounding Cuban "son" rhythms (3-2 & 2-3 clave), & Latin dance styles - rhumba, bolero, etc. The programmers are very responsive, & have made terrific improvements & additions to the app. Tied for my #1 go-to music program, along w/ my desktop program Sibelius.
New Fonts !!
They just added a new font to print Ukulele chords! Very cool. You can print Nashville Number charts too. This is my go to app for creating one-page, very readable chord charts. The ‘play’ feature lets you check your work easily and it’s kinda nice to jam with. This app has never let me down. The ability to easily share charts as a .pdf is excellent.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 16, 2015
- Version: 6.3.1
- Size: 73.7 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Technimo LLC
- © Technimo
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Jazz Styles PackFree
- Pop Styles PackFree
- Latin Styles PackFree
- Guitar ChordsFree
- Chord ScalesFree
- Piano ChordsFree
- Extra Jazz StylesFree