iReal Pro - Music Book & Play Along
By Technimo LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from 47 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...)
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, fender rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
Play, edit, and import any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be imported from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
Always backup your songs!
What's New in Version 6.3
- Added Ukulele chord diagrams and font
An essential tool for any musician
This is nearly the greatest practice app ever made. I bought the desktop version. Move over Jamey Aebersold, at least a little bit (can't beat the real thing, especially if it's Ron Carter or someone). But for $20, this is a steal! The flexibilty of it is incredible - change the tempo, key, time signature, yeah that's basic stuff, but the ability to change to so many different styles and then customize each is fantastic. The mixer is key (although I wish there was a guitar comping option), but pull the bass back and practice your bass solos. The comping is great too, it's not the same rhythm each bar and they have some formula to randomize it, I guess, it's really neat.
Creating your own song is a bit clunky. The editing window is kind of narrow, until your Save and it goes to half screen size. The input of chords is simple (although you have to follow their guidelines - D-7, not Dm7, or D-7b5 not D-7(b5)). But inputing them will get easier and be quick, I'm sure.
I will wish you could type the tempo in, instead of have to use the slider in 5 bpm increments.
I can't wait to try the MIDI export options into my DAW and other features, how about the thousands of other songs in the forums?, but after 10 minutes, I'm blown away! Get it.
Great tool for making fake-book style charts
I really like the ability to edit on my laptop and then quickly share charts with rest of band via email or Dropbox.
Tech support from Technimo is super too.
Steep learning curve
The program is okay once you figure it out, but it’s far from intuitive. Also, it wasn’t clear to me before beginning that it’s substantially dependent on input from other users. For this particular musician, there are better applications.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 20, 2015
- Version: 6.3
- Size: 55.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Technimo LLC
- © Technimo LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Chord ScalesFree
- Guitar ChordsFree
- Piano ChordsFree
- Extra Jazz StylesFree