Practice makes perfect. iReal Pro offers an easy-to-use tool to help musicians of all levels master their art. It simulates a real-sounding band that can accompany you as you practice. The app also lets you create and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference.
~One of Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2010~
Used by thousands of music students, teachers and some of the world’s top music schools such as Berklee College of Music and Musicians Institute.
“It’s the perfect technology for a practicing musician: high-quality digital audio, mixable, transposable into any key and completely mobile. Now every aspiring musician has a backup band in their pocket.” – Tim Westergren, Pandora Founder
• It's a Book:
Create, edit, print, share and collect chord charts of your favorite songs for reference while practicing or performing.
• It's a Band:
Practice with a realistic sounding piano (or guitar), bass and drum accompaniments for any downloaded or user-created chord chart.
Have a virtual band accompany you as you practice
• Choose from the included 50 different accompaniment styles (Swing, Ballad, Gypsy Jazz, Bluegrass, Country, Rock, Funk, Reggae, Bossa Nova, Latin,...) and 12 blues styles available as a one-time In-App purchase
• Personalize each style with a variety of sounds including piano, Fender Rhodes, acoustic and electric guitars, acoustic and electric basses, drums, vibraphone, organ, and more
• Record yourself playing or singing along with the accompaniment
Play, edit, and download any songs you want
• 1000s of songs can be downloaded from the forums in a few simple steps
• Edit existing songs or create your own with the Editor
• The Player will play any song that you edit or create
• Create multiple editable playlists
Improve your skills with the included chord diagrams
• Display guitar, ukulele tabs and piano fingerings for any of your chord charts
• Look up piano, guitar and ukulele fingerings for any chord
• Display scale recommendations for each chord of a song to help with improvisations
Practice in the way, and at the level, that you choose
• Includes 50 exercises for practicing common chord progressions
• Transpose any chart to any key or to number notation
• Loop a selection of measures of a chart for focused practicing
• Advanced practice settings (automatic tempo increase, automatic key transposition)
• Global Eb, Bb, F and G transposition for horn players
Share, print, and export – so your music follows you wherever you need it!
• Share individual charts or whole playlists with other iReal Pro users via email and the forums
• Export charts as PDF and MusicXML
• Export audio as WAV, AAC and MIDI
• Support for AirTurn™ and other bluetooth page turners
• Upload your songs and playlists to iCloud for safekeeping and for synchronization across any of your iCloud enabled devices such as iPhone, iPad or Mac
Always backup your songs!
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I'm so lost as to why this app had so many positive feedbacks?
Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I mean I bought this app to A: build upon ideas for my original music, as well as to learn new songs...
B: I wanted different feels and styles of music with the chord progression, so when writing a piece of music, I would maybe be inspired by a different feel...maybe a jazz drum with acoustic guitar, with a running octave bass line and chords on the piano... (the old app ChordBot) did this, but it's progressions were limited.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong...but even when I try to use this app in the MOST basic way (which is just opening the style, and then a song) when it play the notes, it sounds NOTHING like what the song should sound like. I am not speaking about the quality, I'm speaking about the timing, the style, the instruments chosen to play a song. Each song sounds like a BAD elevator edition... please help! What am I doing wrong? Is there something I'm overlooking?
If I'm not overlooking anything then I would HONESTLY rate this app a 2 star app... so I HAVE TO BE DOING something wrong...
There are 50 playback styles in the app with different feels and thousands of songs in the forum that you can download for free.
The app creates a midi backing track based on the chord changes you write.
In case you need guidance how to change the styles, instrumentation, tempo, we have an online manual on our website, a tutorial inside the app and we're happy to answer you directly as well if you send us an email ;)
Made me money
I am a professional pianist and use to carry all my fake books to a gig. Now all I use is this app. All I need to do is remember the melody. Most of the time I have singer so it’s not a problem. One time some people from Brazil came in. They requested songs I never heard of. I asked them, “if I play the chords, can you sing the melody?” They said yes, so I showed them the Brazilian songs that I had downloaded. They sang, loved it and gave me $100 tip. I have many similar stories. There are so many books that users have uploaded. Most of them are checked by the developer. They are very good at “talking with you and helping or suggesting tips. Every professional musician that I know has this app. What’s even better is that I have separate Play Lists for each singer. Even if they all sing the same song, the play list has it in their key with their arrangement.
Great as is. Encourage further development.
I’m a jazz snob. This app is perfect for me since I am learning jazz piano. It is also very good for composing and even recording a tune with other instruments, PROVIDED, one uses the midi out file transfer. The internal sounds are okay for learning but not good enough to record with. That’s okay because with a midi file player and multi layered sample based apps one can can obtain a very decent recording.
I encourage the developer to consider further enhancements such as more comping styles, chord inversions, additional drum fills and practice tunes " in the style of (artist)". BTW, I have all the Session Band Jazz apps and this app has them beat. Great job!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Technimo LLC
- 107.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Technimo
- In-App Purchases
- Jazz Styles Pack Free
- Pop Styles Pack Free
- Latin Styles Pack Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.