Specifically designed for both iPad and iPhone!! Optimized to use iPhone 4.0's HD screen!
If you want to access Windows PC from iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch, this is the app for you! Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate are supported!
iRemoteDesktop is a Windows Remote Desktop (RDP) client for iPhone/iPod Touch. Using it you can access your Windows PC from anywhere at anytime.
Note: Not all Windows support remote desktop. Check below for supported platforms or download the tool from http://www.hanamobiles.com/tools/HanaEasyConfig.exe.
- Windows XP Professional
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate
- Windows Server 2000/2003/2008
Important: The following systems are NOT supported:
- Windows XP Home
- Windows Vista Home Basic/Premium
- Windows 7 Home Starter/Basic/Premium
- Others not listed in "Supported Platform" section
- Multiple connections
- Portrait and landscape mode
- Various resolutions and colors support
- Modifier keypad including Shift, Ctrl and Alt which enables you to press almost any key combinations.
- Cut, copy & paste and other shortcuts keypad, including HOME, END, PAGE UP, PAGE DOWN, Arrow keys, etc.
- Virtual mouse pad for precise and easy mouse control
- Virtual left button and right mouse button
- Easy dragging and resizing using virtual mousepad
- Startup password protection
- Support video output (need iPad or iOS4 and output connector)
- External keyboard support
- International keyboard support for many languages, including French, German, Korean, Russian etc.
- Support iPhone built-in VPN
- Easy to use UI
- Make sure Remote Desktop is enabled on your computer
- IMPORTANT: For Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server, choose "Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (less secure)"
- Modify firewall settings to allow Remote Desktop. You should try to connect from another Windows computer to make sure the Remote Desktop is enabled.
For more infomation on how to enable Remote Desktop, see
Windows XP: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsXp/using/mobility/getstarted/Remoteintro.mspx
Windows Vista/Windows 7:
Q: How to do right click?
A: To do a right click, tap the area you want to right click AND hold finger on the iPhone/iPod touch screen without releasing until you see the right context menu. Basically, press for a bit long time to do right click.
Q: How to grab/move a window, icon or something else?
A: Double tap and hold. For example, if you want to move a window in the desktop, double tap the window title bar and, on the second tap, hold down your finger until the window is grabbed, then move your finger around the screen to drag it to another position.
Send your comments/suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website.
Ratings and Reviews
It works. It's a difficult proposition to map a large aspect computer monitor to an iPhone, but this app does a reasonable job. I was able to access my XP computer (which I'd previously used remotely from other computers) without any problem on my in-home LAN. It took me some doing to poke the right holes in my firewall to make it work via the WAN. I didn't look for the app's documentation to see if it provided the information that people would need to do this themselves (the ports that needed to be set to pass through the firewall). I'm holding it at 4 stars (rather than five) because I've seen one minor issue with re-sizing and I'm going to use their support site to see how they respond.
Finally an RDP program that does exactly what it says it does.
First off, no requirement for a separate server program on the host computer. It uses the remote desktop server that's part of the right versions of windows. If you didn't buy the "right" version, try something different.
Second, all the required modifiers and special windows keys are available... That's huge.
Third, a reasonable price. I have no problem paying for an ap, but paying 4-5 times as much as I normally would for a utility ap seems absurd to me. This one is reasonable.
I haven't yet had the problem (disconnect after 2 days) that others have described, but so far (several hours later), it's working ok on both my W7-pro and my XP-pro machines in my home network.
I'll be trying this remotely and testing it more thoroughly in the next few days, but so far, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Excellent for the price compared to others...
I currently offer a web service that requires a Remote Desktop client on the iPhone. There are many other options available on the App Store and for the the price ($4.99), this is an excellent buy as it is nearly similar in function and capability to other apps charging twice as much. I will definitely advertise this app on my site.
- Hana Mobile LLC
- 6.9 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009 - 2016 Hana Mobile LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.