THE IRIG BLUEBOARD APP FOR IPHONE, IPAD, AND IPOD TOUCH, WORKS IN TANDEM WITH IK’S NEW IRIG BLUEBOARD, THE FIRST WIRELESS MIDI PEDALBOARD FOR IOS AND MAC, CONTROLLING THE SETUP AND CONFIGURATION OF THE HARDWARE UNIT.
The iRig BlueBoard pedalboard features 4 backlit footswitches that let you change banks and presets, and control parameters in any Core MIDI-compatible app (like AmpliTube or SampleTank) from up to 10 meters away. It’s also equipped with 2 expression pedal inputs that let you connect pedals (not included) and control continuously variable parameters like wah and volume.
This app allows the communication between the iRig BlueBoard controller and any Core MIDI apps running on your iOS device. Also, iRig BlueBoard app lets you setup the hardware unit, and configure its 32 banks of settings for iRig BlueBoard’s 4 footswitches. Setup the MIDI parameters you want to control, switch between the PROGRAM CHANGE and CONTROL CHANGE operating modes, set the MIDI channel iRig BlueBoard will transmit on, browse and rename banks, browse patches in Core MIDI apps, and much more.
iRig BlueBoard features:
- Compatibility with any Core MIDI compatible app
- Dual Mode operation (Program Change or Control Change mode)
- Editable MIDI assignments for each pad
- Selectable MIDI Channel
- External Controllers Calibration
- Pads Backlight regulation
- Battery life indicator
- Bluetooth signal strength indicator
More apps information:
Updated compatibility with iRig BlueBoard firmware 1.5.2.
Ratings and Reviews
Complicated and inconsistent
I was excited to use this to record and play loops from loopy - it is really difficult to program, it doesn't work for Garageband like they claim it does. I wasted money on the stomp box and more on amplitude and all that crap. Ik multimedia basically baits and switches you into products that don't live up to their promises. And they nickel and dime you for every tiny piece of software they can. It pisses me off everytime I dust this junk off and kid myself into thinking me and my son can have some simple backing tracks that we can toggle through. Disappoints EVERY time. Don't waste your time and money like I have.
I can't believe this company. This is the second product that I purchase, and it doesn't work. I've been using all kinds of musical and computer equipment for almost 20 years. This is garbage. It never connects. This device made for the iPad and iPhone and iMac NEEDS WINDOWS to update the driver, because clowns run this company. Now I have to deal with the second product I have to return from this godforsaken, gremlin-owned craptastic company. May they sink into the depths of hell.
Firmware update for modes
Modes can connect Blueboard to iOS and OS X without this app once the firmware is updated.
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 43.7 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 IK Multimedia Production Srl
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.