By IK Multimedia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOW WITH DIGITAL AUDIO SUPPORT, AUDIOBUS INTEGRATION, AUDIO COPY/PASTE, iPHONE 5 AND RETINA DISPLAY UPDATE
iRig Recorder is a powerful and flexible audio recording app for your iOS device that is convenient and easy to use. You can have a professional recording tool there at your fingertips anytime, anywhere along with intuitive and practical editing functions and various export options to fit your audio needs wherever your mobile life takes you.
iRig Recorder is the perfect companion to iRig Mic. Take iRig Mic and iRig Recorder anywhere to capture podcasts, interviews, concerts … any sound out in the field or right there at home. Then use iRig Recorder's intuitive editing tools to cut, crop or loop your audio and its powerful effects processors to optimize tone for speech or music, clean up background noise, brighten your voice for clarity and presence, smooth your voice in harsh or overly bright recordings or change the speed of your tracks without affecting their pitch.
iRig Recorder also supports digital audio input devices so you can use any standard 30 pin/Lightning audio interface.
iRig Recorder is Audiobus* compatible; use it with compatible audio apps in any Audiobus Slot.
Effect processors are so easy to use that anyone – even without specific music or audio knowledge – can quickly produce quality audio material in seconds with iRig Recorder.
iRig Recorder organizes your recordings by date and time and also tags them with a geo location for easy and reliable file management of your recordings. Export your files via E-mail, Wi-Fi, FTP, SoundCloud or iTunes File Sharing in a variety of sizes and formats (including 16-bit 44.1 kHz uncompressed). Record your world with iRig Recorder!
iRig Recorder features:
• Convenient, easy-to-use mobile recording and editing app: just launch the app and press record!
• The perfect companion to iRig Mic for your podcasts, interviews, concert and field recordings
• One touch recording with real-time monitoring
• Intuitive, non-destructive editing tools to cut, crop and loop your recordings
• Pitch and time – based effects include changing the speed of your recordings (without affecting pitch) to adapt your audio content to other media such as video
• Organizes your recordings by creation date and tags with geo location
• Export files as compressed .m4a or uncompressed .wav
• Recording time is only limited by the storage space on your iOS device
• Audiobus Support*
• Audio Copy
• 8 intelligent effects processors automatically optimize your recordings – no audio knowledge required!
1. Optimize Level: automatically adjusts for optimal volume
2. Optimize Tone: automatically adjusts for optimal equalization
3. Cleanup: automatically cleans up the background noise in recordings
4. Brighten Voice: automatically increases clarity of speech and vocals
5. Smooth Voice: automatically smooths harsh or overly bright vocals
6. Speed up: decreases the duration of the recording without altering its pitch
7. Slow down: increases the duration the speed of the recording without altering its pitch
8. Change Pitch: raises or lowers the pitch of the recording without changing duration
iRig Recorder is also available as a FREE version where you can purchase the editing, processing and exporting features a la carte via in-app purchase
For more information:
* requires iPhone 4, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2 or later
What's New in Version 1.5.3
- General reliability improvements
The Earlier Version Was Better
IK Multimedia makes great products, but the iRig recorder has suffered its most recent update(s).
I am a musician and I used the previous version(s) extensively to record ideas, practice, rehearsals and so on, both with the guitar interface and the iPhone’s internal mic. It was wonderful. All the controls were large enough, easy to tap and adjust, and the audio record and playback levels were clear and robust. Perfect for songwriters, as that great idea can disappear while dealing with fiddly controls.
This current version, however, moved the controls into tiny buttons very difficult to tap accurately. The record level setting now takes several taps, and is very weak at best. Every recording requires boosting, which increases noise. I’ve tried to remain faithful for months, but my patience has worn thin and the app must go.
An audio recorder should function just like a camera, with the ability to either choose to point and click, or delve into advanced settings. My suggestion is to rework the interface to that end; make one-click recording and advanced settings into separate, selectable options, and make the buttons larger and more intuitive.
In the meantime I have chosen to save all my recordings, delete the app and switch to Wave Pad, which is somewhat easier to use.
I hope this helps other musicians make an informed choice.
I am a blind user of the iPhone and use VoiceOver for operation of the device. However the controls in iRig Recorder are not labeled very clearly with VoiceOver. A fix for that would be fantastic. Thank you in advance.
Worked great for a while.
This app was great until it stopped working after 3 months.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 01, 2013
- Version: 1.5.3
- Size: 10.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: IK Multimedia US, LLC
- © 2011-2013 IK Multimedia Production Srl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.