By American Academy of Pediatrics
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2013 Web Health Award: Merit Award, Mobile Video (Large Mobile Device)
*The ultimate video workout program and training app for young athletes.*
Learn healthy strength training from nationally recognized sports medicine physician Jordan D. Metzl, MD, FAAP! IronKids provides everything a young athlete needs to safely and effectively build strength, balance, and fitness; prepare to excel in sport; and keep playing by preventing injury. Includes video instruction on 9 exercises to work the core, upper body, and lower body; strength training pointers; and tools to create custom workouts.
COMPLETE IRONKIDS WORKOUT PROGRAM:
● 45-minute workout and program
● Video clips and descriptive summaries of 9 different exercises
● Core, upper body, and lower body training
● Videos on strength training pointers, basics, and principles
● Tailor you workout to specific needs based on sport, season, body, etc.
● Create custom workouts
● Set goals and reminders
● Review training tips
● Additional information from HealthyChildren.org, an official website of the American
Led by Jordan D. Metzl, MD, FAAP:
● Nationally recognized sports medicine physician at Hospital for Special Surgery
● 29-time marathon runner
● 9-time Ironman triathlete
Motivation, light weights, and a mat are the only requirements. Professionals, such as doctors, coaches, trainers, and others can also use the app for their patients or teams in conjunction with the Home Strength Training for Young Athletes DVD.
Great app to help strength train my 10 year old soccer player. However it's a bit difficult to watch the app on my iPhone and do the exercises (small). Tried linking it to my TV but only got sound, no image. Other apps worked fine (like Netflix). Could you update your app so that it allows video out? Thanks!
App does not work
After the intro video, the app freezes on a black screen. Please fix the bugs and send updated version.
Good content poor coding
App closes constantly, words misspelled, not an intuitive user interface
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Released: Aug 23, 2012
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 288 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Academy of Pediatrics
- © 2013 American Academy of Pediatrics
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.