Welcome to Interventional Radiology (IR) On Call
IR ON CALL serves as a quick reference for residents in training, medical students, fellows, and attendings in interventional radiology. This application provides pearls on call related management across all of interventional radiology. This application is meant to be used in real time, at the bedside, when access to traditional texts is not feasible.
Features in this application include:
1. Definitions, preprocedure evaluation, workup, intraprocedural considerations, and follow up recommendations for the most common call procedures:
Acute GI Bleeding
Acute mesenteric ischemia
Acute limb ischemia
Chest tube insertion and management
Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) lysis
Percutaneous Biliary Drainage
Pulmonary artery embolectomy
Central Venous Access
IVC filter placement
Femoral artery access
2. Dedicated informational modules:
Nephrostomy, biliary, and gastrostomy troubleshooting
Chest tube troubleshooting
Common Collateral Pathways
Embolization materials review
Sedation and Analgesia review
Vascular closure device review
3. Contrast reaction management smartcard
4. 3D and angiographic anatomy review
5. 22 informational videos on IR procedures
6. A 50 question Board Style review quiz
7. Newsfeeds (updated in real time) to 6 of the top medical informational websites
8. Interactive chat in a chatroom dedicated to IR
9. Notepad feature - to keep all your pearls in one place
The application is meant to be used as a guide only. Every practitioner is responsible for their clinical decision making, and this application should not be a replacement for clinical judgement. The authors of this application and its content make no claim regarding the accuracy of the information contained within this application. The authors are not responsible for any consequence (including damage to person or malpractice) that originate from the use of this application. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND DISCRETION.
Ratings and Reviews
wish I had this my first rotations and seems relevant and practical for boards
Excellent resource for all radiology resident and IR fellows!
- Kristofer SCHRAMM
- 38.1 MB
- Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Kristofer Schramm, University of Colorado
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.