This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Eliminate the pile of remotes on the coffee table, and control your home theater with iRule! The 2014 CES award-winner, iRule is a universal remote control app for audio/video enthusiasts that's easy to set up and fun to customize. It's also the remote that keeps growing with your changing technology and needs.
iRule doesn't just control audio and video gear, either. It also controls lighting, shades and blinds, network cameras, security systems, and more. Also available are simply drag-and-drop modules for rich interactive control of Sonos systems, Onkyo-Integra and Denon receivers, Insteon, Lutron, and Z-Wave lighting, dimmers, locks, and more.
Configure and customize your remote with iRule Builder on your computer. Drag-and-drop your images and commands, upload your own custom graphics, and share content with other users. Builder includes a huge database of the most common gear.
* Please note that most users' systems will require a hardware gateway to control devices that do not support direct network control. iRule is compatible with Global Caché products, available from our website
What's New in Version 4.7.1
* Builder Zoom - added the ability for the programmer to zoom the center window within the builder.
* Device code variables - this feature allows the programmer to embed a variable within the data of a device command, and change a singular portion of the string required to communicate with equipment.
* Added Max/Min functions to variable expression
* Support for iPad Pro Handset - within the wizard you will find new handset templates for both iPad Pro 9.7 and 12.7 handsets.
* compatible with iOS 7.0 and up.
* Fixed issue with global macros added to a toggle button
* Fixed issue with input variable not encoding messages within commands
* Fixed issue where launch field was missing when adding launch action to a button
* Fixed issue where copying/pasting a page would keep the same page name
* Fixed issue where merging a handset would duplicate all global macros
* Fixed issue where deleting a global macro would not remove its reference from a handset
* Fixed bug related to changing global macro execution via variable
* Fixed crash related to auto discoverable devices
Steep learning curve, but worth it
There is nothing else like it. The learning curve is VERY steep. Creating new gateways and connecting devices can be hard. But, there are only a few ways to do this. The design errs on the side of flexibility, which makes the learning curve extremely steep. But, spend the time and you will have a remote that would cost tens or thousands to have a pro do. That is no joke. I've created a remote that my in laws and random house guests can use. That won't be possible with 5 remotes and/or a harmony. If you do the hard work, the remote will seamlessly control and switch through your devices. Your guests will not be exposed to the complexity of your system. They will just watch a movie as your iPad controls your TV, receiver, cable box, and Apple TV from one screen.
I had complex panels with feedback up an running in just a couple of days. Be advised that email is the best option for support. The support forums are only answered by other users.
App set to expire in 3 years with no further support or changes to ones ability to change controls. This is my second program to die for lack of control. My last died because Apple changed Java coms to pc control and will formally die as its program is 33 bit. Wish they would give ability download program for user control at final end....
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 04, 2016
- Version: 4.7.1
- Size: 104 MB
- Languages: English, French, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: iRule, LLC
- © iRule, LLC 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- iRule Builder Basic License$49.99
- iRule Builder Advanced License$99.99