Train yourself anywhere! You control the trains with iRunTrains for iPhone. With iRT, you're just seconds away from fun. It's fun for any age and perfect for enthusiasts and novices alike! Play immediately; play repeatedly. Watch (or ride) your trains from any position with the first 3D train simulator for iPhone!
No points, scoring, or end game; just enjoy the rails.
- Throttle, brake, and reverse each train under your control
- No setup or learning curve
- Drive these hobby trains as soon as the app starts!
- Run multiple trains on each layout
- Diesel end Steam engine sounds!
- Edit train cars and engines
- Turn switch control box; switch the tracks just in time!
- Variable speed train throttle
- Intuitive train controls and full iPhone gesture-based interface
- Manual and Dynamic, train-tracking views
- Ride the train engine or caboose!
- 18 beautiful track layouts
- Buildings, bridges, houses, and loading docks
- Ocean with changing tide, waves
- Hideaway interface
- Pushbutton train selector
- Multifunction view selector and status display
- Help overlay for controls
- Selectable train steam/exhaust
- Choose your terrain colors
- Train acceleration/deceleration
- Collision/Derailment detection
- Engine and track sounds
- Bells and Whistles
Can you survive Turnout City without a collision? Switch the tracks just in time!
Follow us on Twitter: @onomaly
iPhone X support
Ratings and Reviews
It could be way better
Apparently someone didn't like my review so they had it removed which gives insight into the makers of this app. So I will write another one.
If you are looking for a train simulator that is similar to the flight simulator X-Plane 9, you will have to wait for that to come along (hopefully Trainz will make an iPhone/iPod version.
This app is supposed to be a mock toy train play set. But unlike real toy train sets, you have few different train type options. The games' controls are kind of sticky, and trying to figure out how to move the track so as to avoid colliding into another train is impossible. The graphics are very cartoonish and cheesy.
This app is overpriced for what you are getting and is more of a .99 cent app. They should make a free limited version to give people a chance to see what its like so they are not out $2.
This app is kinda pointless like Air Coaster is because you do not get a chance to control the train yourself and unlike Air Coaster, you can't make your own tracks.
But if you looking for a 3D simulation of a train, this is as close as you are going to get for now which is why this app isn't going to get 1 star.
Improve this app!
This app is really cool. I have a 3rd gen iPod touch and the app runs fine. I would like to see improvements on the switch controls because the colors are sometimes similar and difficult to operate. This app would be amazing if I could design my own layout. Improving graphics and scenery along with the ability to uncouple cars would also be nice
Bigger layouts but great
The layouts could be large but maybe have others cars then boxcars and flatcars and maybe cars that drive around and maybe where you can uncoupled and couple cars and maybe create your own layouts
- Onomaly LLC
- 139.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Onomaly Extraterrestrial Software/Code-Puppy Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.