With iRunTrains, you're just seconds away from fun. It's fun for any age and perfect for enthusiasts and novices alike! Play immediately; play repeatedly. A real 3D simulator! Watch and run multiple trains from any position or ride them like the engineer!
Apple-featured "New and Noteworthy"
**We're celebrating 9 years on the App Store. Thanks for all your support!!**
See more screenshots and video at http://onomaly.com/iRunTrains.html
You'll love iRunTrain's fun and innovative features. It's the most original train simulator!
- No big setup or learning curve; drive the trains immediately
- You control 'em with intuitive train controls
- Run multiple trains on each layout
- Track switching; switch the tracks just in time!
- Variable speed train throttle
- Ride the trains and keep an eye on your caboose!
- 6 Awesome dynamic views to watch your trains
- Seaside setting with loading dock
- Full touch-gesture viewing and control
- Pinch to zoom; Tap sides to pan; Drag to change view angle
- No points, scoring, or end game; just enjoy the rails
- 2 Free, awesome track layouts!
- in-App purchase unlocks all larger, multi-level tracks
- 3D rails and track bed
- Add your photo to the billboard
- Pushbutton train selector
- Moving traction bars!
- Turn switch control box
- Multifunction view selector and status display
- Help overlay for controls
- Choose your terrain colors and textures
- Engine sounds
- Track sounds
- Bells and Whistles
- Pitch and volume based on proximity and speed
Manual and Dynamic Views
- Chase the train in a helicopter (with sounds!)
- Ride the train engine or ride the caboose and more
- Can you survive Turnout City without a collision?
- View info guides
Physics n' more
- Train acceleration/deceleration
- Collision & Derailment detection
- Rising tide and shimmering waves
- Movings clouds
Control the trains! Run 'em. Ride 'em. Chase 'em. Bump 'em. Park 'em!
Thanks for helping us make iRunTrains a success!
Also check out our version for the iPhone!
Follow us on Twitter: @iRunTrains
also Follow us on Twitter: @onomaly
Bug fixes (e.g. billboard photo selector, speed indicators)
Full iOS 11 support
Ratings and Reviews
Good for main lines, wish it had yard spotting
This is a fun app to run trains, learn about switch control, etc. I see each update adds more, much of what the users are asking for. There are two app features I would be willing to pay for:
1) Lay your own track, or import a track into the app' and
2) ability to drop off and pick up rolling stock. I realize there is a max consist size, but it would be nice to be able to drop off the loads at various industries or yards, then pick then up later.
Looks Cool but navigation around the layout? UGH
I think this game looks cool but the control to move the camera around to view the layout... I couldn't wrap my head around it... Unfortunately .. That's why I'm deleting it.. Hard to try it when just looking where I want is difficult.. But the game does look neat so far, and the model railroad control panel I think is posh 👍
Awesome! But maybe add weather?
This is my very first review! That’s how exciting this game is. But may I ask that you please add weather? Or maybe day/night toggle? That would be great. Otherwise, I think this game is awesome!
- Onomaly LLC
- 121.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008 - 2019 Onomaly Extraterrestrial Software/Code-Puppy Software
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Tracks $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.