Train yourself anywhere! With iRunTrains, you're just seconds away from fun. It's fun for any age and it's perfect for enthusiasts and novices alike! Play immediately; play repeatedly. This is the original, 3D hobby train simulator for iPad! Watch and run multiple trains from any position or ride them like the engineer!
**We're celebrating 9 years on the App Store. Thanks for all your support!!**
Featured "New and Noteworthy" on the App Store!
Featured "What's Hot" on the App Store!
See more screenshots and video at http://onomaly.com/iRunTrains.html
- No big setup or learning curve; drive the trains immediately
- You control 'em with intuitive train controls
- Run multiple trains on each layout
- Chose from several diesel or steam engines
- Edit your engines and your cars
- Switch the tracks just in time!
- Variable speed train throttle
- 18 Awesome track layouts!
- Ride the trains and keep an eye on your caboose!
- 6 Awesome dynamic views to watch your trains
- Seaside setting with loading docks, buildings, bridges and houses
- Full touch-gesture viewing and control
- Pinch to zoom; Tap sides to pan; Drag to change view angle
- No points, scoring, or end game; just enjoy the rails
- Steam and diesel engine sounds
- Track sounds
- Bells, horns, and whistles
- Pitch and volume based on proximity and speed
Other Awesome Features:
- 3D rails and track bed
- Add your photo to the billboard
- Pushbutton train selector
- Moving traction bars!
- Turn switch control box
- Multifunction view selector and status display
- Help overlay for controls
- Hideaway control panel
- Choose your terrain colors, oceans and textures
Manual and Dynamic Views
- Chase the train in a helicopter (with sounds!)
- Ride the train engine or ride the caboose and more
- Can you survive Turnout City without a collision?
- View info guides
Physics n' more
- Train acceleration/deceleration
- Collision & Derailment detection
- Rising tide and shimmering waves
- Adjust train momentum
- Movings clouds
Control the trains! Run 'em. Ride 'em. Chase 'em. Bump 'em. Park 'em!
We provide free enhancement updates often, so send us your suggestions. We value your feedback. Thanks for helping us make iRunTrains a success!
Follow us on Twitter: @onomaly
Bug fixes (e.g. billboard photo selector, speed indicators)
Full iOS 11 support
Ratings and Reviews
A good start with great potentaial
Tried out a couple of different programs, this one has the look and feel of a real table more than anything else currently in the store. Tapping to pan is a bit weird to me, would prefer swiping, and would really like to be able to go minimalistic, especially if I could turn off the billboard as an option. User interface is primitive but you get used to it. At the end of the day, you can have three trains running all around the layouts, and that's what I was after. I can't wait to see the improvements over time.
Very Nice IPAD Train Set!
I've always loved HO scale train sets and this one is the best. Going digital is a great media format for a train set; eliminates all the parts and electrical connection issues. The graphics are nicely done and physics are pretty smooth. Still trying to get viewing angle down but really pretty intuitive. While this version could use some fixes, it is still nicely done.
I also own ItrainRun on my MAC Pro and enjoy it as well but, I prefer the IPAD version most of the time (more portable). I'll hold the rest of my comments until the next release. I'm sure the next version has to be very nice upgrade. PLEASE HURRY...Love this App.
Not bad if you could control your view
The view panning controls are absolutely horrible. it does not engage at first touch as far as any movement of the view. Then, like a too tightly wound spring releasing, the view movement accelerates and overshoots the mark! Trying to find the right touch duration for the desired amount of panning I am finding impossible to gauge. If you are zoomed in you spend all your time messing with the panning shooting all over the place. That forces you to zoom out losing details. If you zoom out all the way, so as to not have to pan, then everything is way to small to see especially the color of several of the switches.
- Onomaly LLC
- 120.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Chinese, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Onomaly Extraterrestrial Software/Code-Puppy Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.