iScan - Police and Fire Scanner
By Bean's Bytes, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Stay informed with what's going on in your own backyard. iScan includes feeds from the United States, Canada, and Australia.
- Featuring feeds from around America, Canada, and Australia
- Conveniently organized feeds list
- Save your favorite feeds for easy access
- A large map to view the area
- Quickly search locations of calls on the map
- Police codes so you can understand the lingo
- Background listening
- Mini-feed player
- Alpha Tags which will let you see which channel is playing
- Full screen and high resolution retina display support
- Built in volume controls
- Happening Now: breaking news as it happens
- Push alerts for Happening Now incidents
- Quickly start listening to the last feed you were playing when restarting the app
- Alpha tag alerts so you can see what channel is active even when not in iScan
Happening Now: Listen to nationwide breaking news with Happening Now; you'll be able to easily listen into any major incident, may it be a shooting, fire, or whatever else. Just open iScan and tap on the Happening Now tab if theres an incident active the tab will be badge with an exclamation mark.
To request a new feed feel free to email me at email@example.com please include the county state and/or zip code! I'll do my best to add it for you!
Notice: iScan does not own or maintain any feeds and can not ensure the quality or if they are online. Locations are subject to availability. Feeds are subject to change or be removed.
What's New in Version 3.3.1
- Fixes a bug causing the volume to start at zero for some users.
- Handoff support between our iOS app and Mac app
- New Play and pause buttons
Save your money
I’ve been using ScannerLive in a Windows environment for years but am trying to get as much of my production software migrated to OSX as possible. iScan looked to be the only thing with a semi-robust feed list with an intuitive interface. On installation, everything worked as advertised… except no sound. I verified that the feeds I’d selected were operational by running ScannerLive beside it. It took a full system reboot to get audio to work… until it didn’t. Every other start of the application required a reboot to get sound. No bueno.
Also, I’m not sure why we have to contact the developer to add a listening stream. It wouldn’t be an issue if there were any responsiveness, but emails seem to go into a black hole. I’m sure the developer is either doing this for fun or for income on the side, but when the instructions say to contact the developer, and there is no response within a couple days, that’s a problem, especially since this is a pay-for app. I wouldn’t complain if it were free.
Sad to say, I’ll continue running a Windows emulator to get my scanner feeds (more than one at the same time, at that) until a better OSX alternative comes along. Hope I can one day change this review to be more positive.