iScanBrowser is the world's first customizable web browser to utilize WebForm Rules (WFR) technology to make scanning with Barcode & NFC Readers into Web Apps and Web Pages easy.
Tired of tapping?
With devices that connect to iOS in Keyboard mode, you must tap into a field and then scan. Manually tapping into each input field slows the user down and increases the likelihood of errors.
iScanBrowser is your Solution.
By using WebForm Rules (WFR) technology, iScanBrowser allows the user to post data into virtually any field on any web page, including your custom made web application, no tapping required*! Simply set up the rules to target the desired target location for data, connect the scanning device, and capture– swipe the card, scan the barcode or RFID tag - the data is instantly posted to the designated field, every time.
*Specialized settings may be required, and a may include a setup fee.
iScanBrowser supports more brands of barcode and RFID readers than any product of its kind, including Scanfob® brand UHF, NFC, Barcode, idChamp(tm) RS3, Olli, Captuvo®, and many others, as well as numerous Bluetooth Smart (aka BLE), and MFi (Made for iOS) Bluetooth devices including Socket CHS family, Allflex RS420, Koamtac KDC Family, TSL UHF family, Tertium Blueberry family, CAEN qID family.
iScanBrowser also supports WiSnap Wi-Fi to RS-232 dongles, and BlueSnap Bluetooth to RS-232 dongles to enable legacy RS-232 hardware such as NFC/RFID & barcode readers, scales, calipers & sensors to work with your custom web app.
iScanBrowser also features a full-screen Kiosk mode to maximize visibility, and has the ability to keep users on task by hiding browser controls, preventing unwanted URL entries.
Read & write NDEF data using idChamp RS4.
Read HID Corporate 1000 cards, Seos, BLE credentials and more using idChamp RS4 for high security applications.
Measure distance with Leica Disto E7100i, E7500i, etc. and post Keyboard simulation post measurements to all apps that accepts keystrokes. Use measurement rounding feature for simplified use e.g. round to nearest fraction of foot, meter, inch.
Other iScanBrowser Features:
• Scans both Active & Passive RFID tags
• Can filter or ignore duplicate scans/reads
• Will support inline audio/video files on web pages when server supports them
• Allows printing of your browser pages using AirPrint.
- changed %@ with [scanned] string in NewPage WFRs to prevent issues with URL format
- added handling opening bad URLs
- fixed crash on performing some JS code
- fixed crash on new scan processing in webview
- fixed double percent-encoding in URLs
Ratings and Reviews
Not even close - don't waste your $$
Several problems with this app: doesn't work with dynamic web pages (php=no) so trying to scan your information into a large dynamic database won't work. Absolutely no documentation with this app and the company will only assist you IF you purchased your scanner from them. (And it's like twisting their arm to help = no customer service). It may work only if your page is written in static HTML, but for almost $20 it's definitely not even close to worth it
This is a complete waste. An app that takes you to a website? How did this get through apple? The instructions are non-existent. Live the scanfob but the app is useless.
How are you supposed to know what to do with this? All it does is take you to a website. Waste of time.
- Serialio Ltd.
- 13.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2009-2018 Serialio Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 'Main Functions' feature life-time unlock $19.99
- Performing user-defined JScript on scan $4.99
- Remove popup on new data for DISTO $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.