By Brock Brinkerhoff
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
For a full video preview, please see the iScubaPlan website: http://www.scubaplan.com
Fast, accurate, recreational SCUBA dive planner built by the same author of iDeco - The highest rated technical diving app in the AppStore.
IMPORTANT - A reviewer thought there was a mistake in the way iScuba Plan handles Nitrox - They didn't read the 3rd bullet point - iScuba Plan converts Nitrox values to EAD (equivalent air depth) and then calculates the dive.
The reason is very simple - There are only a couple of PADI EAN tables (32, 36 etc), but iScuba Plan can accommodate *any* Nitrox mix using this widely accepted technique.
* Metric and Imperial - Allows instant switching between them.
* Plan recreational dive profiles based on the same data as the PADI RDP.
* Supports Nitrox via calculating the EAD on the fly and applying this to the Air data.
* Plan repetitive dives all in one shot. Just add a surface interval and keep right on going.
* See before and after pressure groups.
* Green/Red indicators for time, NDL, gas, and dive. Yellow indicators for warnings such as required stops and EAD's of 1.4 to 1.6.
* Allows you to do infinite "what-if's" with instantaneous feedback - Plan dives to bottom time or to the SI after the last dive.
* See the instant effect of changing depth, time, and Nitrox mixes.
* Instant Nitrox calculator. Shows pO2 as depth or mix changes.
* Innovative interface that shows everything you need to see - All dynamically!
* User interface is extremely fast and fluid.
NOTE: As always, this application does NOT replace proper certification and training. Always confirm information with tables.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
Added showing the exact Surface Interval - This is based on feedback from iScuba Plan users.
Fast, Accurate, Simple
This app is amazing for quick dive plans. I have tested it against tables using EAD based calculations and found it perfectly accurate. This is my go to app on my phone for this information. I’ll still pull out the PADI tables from time to time and the app continues to be spot on.
Ignore the 1 star reviews, they seem to be by people who are bad at math.
Very simple to use, only reccomendation I would make would be to mark the depth and time sliders accordingly in a future version. Easy to figure out if you watch what gets adjusted, but would be nice to clearly know which one you are adjusting. Excellent planner though, better than carrying a seperate eRDP when we already have the phone.
Perfect for my dives
I lost my dive log and dive wheel. So instead of buying another I just bought the app and I got Dive Log to go with it. Now if I lose my phone at least my dives are backed up.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Apr 16, 2010
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Brock Brinkerhoff
- © 2009 Brock Brinkerhoff
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.