Create, edit, and collaborate with others on spreadsheets from your Mac.
With Google Sheets you can:
- Create new spreadsheets or edit any that were created on the web or on another device.
- Share spreadsheets and work together with others in the same spreadsheet at the same time.
- Open, edit, and save Microsoft Excel files.
- Format cells, enter/sort data, view charts, insert formulas, use find/replace, and more.
- Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type.
*Use Sheets to edit Excel files.
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
This app — is like a browser window specially for Google Spreadsheets. This meens it doesn’t do anything, that wouldn’t do Google Spreadsheets in browser. On the other hand it works exactly as I expect with all latest features of Google Spreadsheets.
My usecase: I use this app to work with my sheets and close browser, so that nothing distracts me.
P.S. I think it should cost 0,99$, because it’s just a browser app.
Not for me
Not as simple or as user friendly as “Table Edit”, available on Macupdate. Plus, using Google Sheets, you must agree to Google access to a bunch of your info (I can’t remember the disclaimer), so I don’t trust the privacy of my spreadsheet data which is not on my mac as a standalone program, but is in Google’s cloud (or online somewhere). Go with Table Edit instead.
Not worth 2.99
The company I work for announced they were moving to Sheets company wide. So I thought I’d try this. First, the app is useless. It adds no functionality that you can’t get from using directly in Chrome. Next any Excel sheet you load with range names doesn’t translate. Next, the add-on feature is real buggy. Wish I ahd read the comments before wasting 2.99.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.