No other iPhone guitar comes even close.
"High end technology for peanuts. Don't know how they do it. Stellar guitar app." - jjw14 (5 stars)
"If you buy nothing else, buy this one. I'd give it 10 stars if I could!" - Jacksondale (5 stars)
"Of all the guitar apps available on the App Store, Frontier Design’s iShred is my favorite." - MacWorld
"Jaw dropping superb app.can't live without it. Addicted & hooked : )" - fazali160677 (5 stars)
"By the first strum, you realize that iShred is a virtual guitar like no other - it is in fact the tool for ultimate guitar supremacy on an MP4 player scale." - TouchMyApps
iShred starts with a set of high-fidelity guitar samples, then feeds them through eight exciting effects pedals and an overdriven amp simulator. Whether you want a clean trebly surf sound, a spacey rock lead, or an all-out metal assault, iShred delivers the goods. The sonic line-up includes these virtual stomp-boxes:
• Hot Fuzz: Get buzzed with an electrifying distortion
• Wahsabi: Tilt your iPhone to control this wah pedal!
• Sybil: Dual chorus pedal to hear your evil twin
• HK-2000 Delay: For fat slap sound or huge echo
• Kömpressör: Power chords just beg for it
• Adrenaline: Treble Booster for that extra shot
• Q-36 Space Modulator: Multi-pattern modulation
• Trembler: Get a healthy dose of Tremolo
iShred provides a playing interface that's both powerful and easy to learn. Create your songs from a huge library of over 2000 built-in chords, scales, and fret positions, by assigning them to the two rows of buttons at the top of the screen. The buttons give you immediate access to all the chords and scales you need for a song, and let you easily switch between strumming chords and playing melodies.
• High quality, professionally mastered guitar samples
• Eight stomp-box effects and an amp simulator
• Notes never "drop out" due to limited sample length
• Adjust tuning to match recordings, other instruments
• Slide finger between buttons for fast chord transitions
• Shortcuts for fast song editing and button reordering
• Support for the left-handed guitarist
• Record performances with optional metronome
• Play along with recordings, even use different sound
• Speed up or slow down performance after recording
• Send songs to computer via iTunes file sharing
• A jukebox of shared songs from around the world
• Share your performances and be rated by other guitarists
• Download songs and performances from other players
• Check out the AirPlay charts: http://fdgm.us/AirPlay
PLAY WITH MUSIC
• Built in music player
• Play along with iPod library or imported tracks
• Setup a loop for practicing a song section
• Easily create and save your own custom chords
• Strumming position controls loudness of chords
• Chords are easily reordered for fast access
• 21 scales, available in 12 keys, let you play melodies
• "Advanced moves": hammer-on's, pull-off's, and slides
• User-selectable string labels
SONGS & PLAYLISTS
• Combinations of chords & scales can be saved as songs
• Songs can now have multiple pages of buttons
• Add FX buttons to switch effect setups on the fly!
• Songs can be edited, renamed, deleted
• Backup songs to the network
Looking to add iShred's audible awesomeness to your REAL GUITAR? Pick up our free app, iShred LIVE! http://fdgm.us/iShredLIVE
fixed an issue where tuning could change improperly
Ratings and Reviews
Won't open my music to play along with now
I used to love this app but you need to make it BlueTooth able so as to play it over a Bluetooth speaker and not hard wired out!!!!!
It's really disappointing to me that it took this long to get updated for the bigger screens and now that it has, it doesn't work right. I have a progressive disease and used to play guitar 4 hrs everyday until I couldn't anymore physically. This was a decent replacement and I actually have sat in and live jammed with people using it. But now after this update it's totally unusable... back to not playing for me :( Please fix guys!!! I mean, I could seriously have been a sponsored artist on here, I could play it like a pro! It amazed people all the time. I'm really not trying to sound braggy, just illustrate my commitment to your product. Been on it since the first iPod touch, back when you had an acoustic version too (which I miss as well).
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the update! We haven't heard that anything is wrong from other users, what exactly isn't working for you? Email our support team: email@example.com
Please update to full screen for iPhone 7 plus
I want to play on the full screen display
There is some bugs for iPhone 5 upper. When switching to another apps or quit the app and return to the app what happened there are no sounds while strumming so please fix this problem.
Developer Response ,
We're working on an update right now that should address all of those issues.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.