iSip, formerly sipphone. This is the first general sip client for iPhone. This is also the first app on iPhone to record phone conference.
Just use any voip provider, you can make sip call with this application. You can also setup the SIP server in your own organization, with this application, your iPhone is your extension. By the way you can record your conference with one tap a way.
The iSip application works on iphone, IPod Touch and iPad.
With this application, user can make cheap VOIP calls when his/her IPhone or IPod Touch is connected to the internet via WIFI.
(1) support SIP calls
(2) support speaker phone
(3) support show voice mail
(4) support multiple ringtone
(5) support DTMF during the call
(6) support G711 and GSM codec, iLibc and G722 codec for iPhone 3GS
(7) support to use alternative RTP port
(8) support stun server
(9) support global outbound proxy
(10) support proxy server for individual account
(11) support mute/hold call
(12) support multiple SIP accounts (able to set one default account for dial out)
(13) support dial from iPhone's address book
(14) support prefix for dialing from iPhone's address book
(15) support dial from recent calls
(16) shortcut to regular cellular network
(17) full VPN support for enterprise customers
(18) support call transfer
(19) sip account setup wizard for more than 60 sip providers
(20) Record call conference
(21) Now support calls over 3G network
(22) Support private APNS server
(1) This is SIP client software on iPhone, you need to have SIP account from SIP provider in order to use this software.
(2) For iPod touch 1st generation users, you need upgrade your iPod to iPhone/iPod OS 2.2 or above and you also need external MIC.
We have tested this app with Macally iVoiceIII external MIC.
(3) SKYPE is not sip protocol, so this app does not support SKYPE account.
(4) Some mobile network operators may prohibit or restrict the use of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) functionality over their network, such as the use of VoIP telephony over a cellular network, and may also impose additional fees, or other charges in connection with VoIP. Please check with your service provider before you use SIP call over 3G or Edge network.
(5)Changes in prefix settings:
Now we have prefix for each account, the prefix for each account only works for calls made from address book.
When the per-account prefix is not set, the prefix in setting will be used, it works for all calls
Don't hesitate to contact our support if you have any questions about this app.
Please save the account information before upgrade. You may need to re-enter the account information.
Fix iOS 10 push issue
Ratings and Reviews
Best Quality VoiP Application in the App store to date!
This VoiP application so far beats everything out there including TruPhone and Fring. I was looking for an easy to use VoiP application with voice quality and easy use being the most important factors to me. At first I was a little hesistant to spend $7 on a small app like this, but the voice quality I got in return for this is truly amazing - a clear advantage compared to Fring. And unlike TruPhone, you don't have to use their SIP Service, you can just choose whichever SIP provider you like. It was very easy to set up and dialing straight from your address book works like a charm. Compared to Fring you also don't have to wait until all your services are connected. The app takes like 3 seconds to load and you can dial right away.
The only things I personally dislike are the look of the interface. I wish it would blend in more with the iPhones native applications. Preferably I would like everything to look like the iPhones regular dialer. And setting your caller ID to your regular cell phone number would be nice. Of course making those iP calls using the 3G network would be even better, but unfortunately as we all know this is not something Apple's Mobile Phone partners would like to see which is probably one reason this is not included in any of the VoiP apps that are currently available for the iPhone.
I've been using SipPhone with Callcentric and it works very well for both inbound and outbound calls. So far this is the best SIP/VoIP application I've seen for the iPhone.
If the following could be fixed/added to the app it would be 5 stars:
1. Doesn't show caller id name on inbound calls; even though I see this is being transmitted to the app.
2. It's a little slow to open/load the App; it takes about 10 seconds on my iPhone 3G. Would be great if it opened in just a few seconds.
3. It would be great if it supported the G.729 (lower bandwidth) codec; although I think this might be a licensing issue.
4. Call waiting. Currently you can only receive 1 inbound call at a time.
5. The voicemail waiting indicator (and access to voicemail) could be a little easier to use.
6. The voicemail waiting indicator won't update unless you close and re-open the app; when this does work on other soft/hard phones I've tried.
While the above would be nice to get fixed, overall I have no real complaints. Thanks for the great app.
This app works but you need to configure it properly
I downloaded iSip and it didn't work properly; Audio was so choppy that it couldn't be used (even on the same network than our Asterisk Server). Also under some conditions and I only got one way audio. I spent a complete day doing several adjustments and debugging the protocol to check what was happening. The application is now working fine (audio is good; Not excellent, but good enough). If you are planning to use this application; You must have really good understanding of VOIP and what is happening under the hood. For example; I am not a big fan of iSIP VAD implementation, I had to turn it off. Remember to set the stun servers if you are planning to use it behind a NAT; there are a few free stun servers on the internet. PUSH did work OK to me; although I can't answer the call when receiving the notification. IMHO there is room for improvement on this app. Buy it *ONLY* if you really know SIP protocol and you are willing to spend some time to configure/debug it to make it work correctly on your enviroment.
*** Please add g729 support ***
- Langtian Du
- 11.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese (Hong Kong), French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2016 Langtian Du
- In-App Purchases
- Phone Conference Feature $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.