SET YOUR PRICES, BUY, SELL, BUILD, AND MAKE CHOICES BECAUSE ONLY ONE CLAN CHIEFTAIN WILL WIN
Five clans are fighting to rule over the Isle of Skye. Only the chieftain who develops the best clan territory and trades wisely will be king!
When leaving your castle, build up the Isle of Skye by adding green hills, perfect beaches and mountain ranges. Raise livestock, produce precious whisky, build forts and ships... Expand your territory tile by tile, pay to keep hold of your tiles or sell them to an opponent for the price you've set... Tile price setting, purchases, sales, and structures are the key to becoming the ruler of the Isle of Skye!
Every game is different and will see you developing different strategies and tactics! With changeability and easy to learn rules, Isle of Skye is the perfect game for all types of players.
• Both simple and tactical game mechanics, adapted from the award-winning Isle of Skye: From Chieftain to King board game by Andreas Pelikan & Alexander Pfister
• 1 to 5 players
• Play in single-player with challenging computer opponents, against your friends in local multiplayer, or face clans from all over the world in online mode!
• Choice of objectives: Select 4 of 16 different objectives for a unique gameplay that changes every time
• Learn the rules with our Interactive tutorial or even watch games of the top players on your device!
• Take your time in asynchronous game mode with push notifications and never miss a turn.
• See fabulous illustrations by Klemens Franz, which make for a true Scottish atmosphere!
Awards for the original board game
• 2016 UK Games Expo Best Boardgame Winner
• 2016 Tric Trac Nominee
• 2016 Kennerspiel des Jahres Winner
• 2016 Kennerspiel des Jahres Nominee
• 2016 International Gamers Award - General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
• 2015 Meeples' Choice Nominee
• 2015 Jocul Anului în România Beginners Finalist
• 2015 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
• 2015 Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Nominee
• 2015 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
• 2015 Cardboard Republic Architect Laurel Nominee
Available languages: French, English, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Chinese, Italian.
To find more information about Asmodee Digital, please go to http://www.asmodee-digital.com/
Having an issue? Looking for support? Please contact us: https://asmodee.helpshift.com/
Find all the latest news for Isle of Skye on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube!
- Fixes for the More Games menu
Ratings and Reviews
I want this so desperately to work
As a huge fan of the tabletop version, I bought this game as soon as it launched and right away found that local games with a guest glitch out into the 2nd round making it impossible to continue the game. Every. Single. Time. It will swap tiles between me and the guest and disallow anyone to place anything. The game itself does not freeze, I can open History or view the rules or menu, but I am barred from continuing on with the game, even with the wrong tiles. Without fail, every time.
The game functions fine enough most of the time if I play against just AI (sometimes I cannot drag my tiles onto the board), but I didn’t buy this game to play against predictable AI, nor do I understand this apps focus on online p2p competition. A useless feature as far as I’m concerned. There are few truly multiplayer games for iOS, and with each update I hope this VERY OBVIOUS bug is fixed, because frankly how has anyone on the dev team not tested this feature? If it worked occasionally I could understand the oversight but nearly 6 months on the market and the most important feature doesn’t even work.
Updated but still needs help
Update 8/13: Another update and the loading hangup switching between games still isn’t fixed :(
Update 8/6: upon 10 more plays, everything is not perfect. The screen does a perma-load (LOADING) sometimes and you often need to login back in. I have also noticed +- buttons missing when trying to set tile prices. Lastly, it is sometimes difficult to acquire the tile into your possession. Sometimes only after 3 or 4 tries. Add a double click option to acquire? Thanks
Looks like the launch issues were fixed because this played perfect for me. One of the top 5 favorite games that I own. Graphics are true to the physical game, bidding works great, online asynchronous, local, and ai play options make it great. Similar to Patchwork, the game allows you to cycle through your async games quickly. Get this!
Multiplayer needs work.
This game is still very buggy, however most are what I would consider minor inconveniences. By far for me the future of multiplayer will determine if this app stays on my phone, as even the hardest AI no longer presents any challenge.
Players no longer taking their turns once they determine they’re having a bad game is the biggest issue. The game takes forever to time out, then literally never disappears from the running games lobby.
If a player times out, he/she should be eliminated and the game continued to completion. I also feel that a player’s ranking should be negatively impacted if they time out otherwise there is no reason at all for people to continue if they feel they can’t win.
This certainly has potential to be a great great app. I just hope the developers follow through with it.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we're sorry about this. In order for us to quickly work on this, don't hesitate to contact the support and explain your issue. You will find more information here: https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/isle-of-skye/ Best regards, Asmodee Customer Support
- Asmodee Digital
- 207.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Digital game published by Asmodee Digital, developed by Digidiced and created by Lookout Games
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.