iSmoothRun Pro GPS/Pedometer Tracker for Runners
By Lake Horizon Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iSmoothRun is the best App to effectively track and log all of your running, walking, hiking, cycling and any other fitness activity you like. Solid performance. Continuous development. Best sensor and external display support.
Updated Apple Watch App for Watch OS3. A stand alone watch app is scheduled for the end of the year.
The most popular third party activity tracker on the RunKeeper site. The App all serious runners rave about. Best Interval and workout editor to help you follow your training plan. Create your workout and let iSmoothRun coach you with audio cues. Programmed by runners. Used by coaches. Check out our user reviews. Featured by Apple in What's Hot!
- GPS and Pedometer
Using both the GPS and Pedometer iSmoothRun literally follows you in every step of your training. It will automatically switch modes depending on GPS signal strength.
- All day step tracking for iPhone 5S/6/7 users
Accurately tracks time, distance, location, pace, altitude, running cadence, heart rate, power and reports them with audio announcements at configurable time or distance intervals.
- Improve you running Form
iSmoothRun will consistently track your running cadence. Use the build in metronome to easily raise it. Cadence tracking is offered for all iPhones and not only 5S.
- Auto Pause
Stopped at a traffic light, or on the top of your climb to catch a glimpse of the view? iSmoothRun will pause and start automatically as soon as you are on the move again.
- The most extended support for sensors
All BT Smart sensors (HRMs, footpods, speed/cadence combo, cycling power)
All ANT+ (extra hardware needed: Wahoo dongle, 4iiii Viiiiva or RFLKT+)
- Use your Pebble or Magellan Echo.
Best support for external displays. The only app with a dedicated fully customizable pebble app.
- Your data are yours, Don't lock yourself in.
We love being open. Export your training data in GPX,TCX,KML,PWX, or CSV format. Connect and share your workouts with the most active running communities, Dailymile, Runkeeper, Nike+, Runningfreeonline, Garmin Connect, Strava, sportTracks, Movescount, MyFitnessPal, 2PEAK and TrainingPeaks. Post to Facebook and Twitter. This is the most connected app, period.
- Intervals? We love them too
Powerful interval editor will let you define, in an easy way, all of your interval/structured workouts. iSmoothRun will then coach you during your run. Support for Heart rate zones.
Are you into Run/walk training? Great. Now it's easier than ever to set your timers and enjoy all the benefits of the best running app.
- Track your Shoe mileage
Every runner knows that tracking the mileage of his running shoes is essential. Now it's easier than ever.
Swiss design. Retina display. When it comes to design only the best is good enough.
- Check your workout statistics
Average pace/speed, cadence, total distance, time, average/maximum heart rate and climb. Splits and interval statistics. Graphs for pace cadence heart rate and altitude.
- Your iPhone is your training log
All your data stored in the device. Amazing customizable graphs for each run and for weekly, monthly loads. Follow closely your training load, train smarter and avoid overtraining.
- Lose weight
Track your caloric expenditure for both running, walking and cycling taking into account activity type, weight, gender and slope or heart rate if available. Track your weight. Connect it with your withings or Aria scale.
- We love Cycling too
Pair it with any cycling sensor, combo, speed only or power meter. (ANT+ sensors need extra hardware). KICKR Support.
- Ghost Run
Race against a previous run of yours or a predefined pace. Get motivated, evaluate your training.
...and much more!
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
**iPod touch users are advised to use an external sensor, GPS or footpod.
What's New in Version 5.6.4
Fix Splits calculation
Overall good, but starting to get buggy
iSR is still my go-to app, but the bugs are starting to pile up:
- It doesn't report elevation gain properly to Strava if your iPhone has a barometer
- Starting and stopping can lead to multiple runs being recorded at the same time if you don't start / stop on the same device (e.g. start on watch / stop on phone)
- The mile splits on the watch only appear if you happen to glance at the watch when you complete the mile
- The "uploading" spinner just goes on forever if you "stop and save" from the watch... You have to then manually go upload the workout from the log page.
- About 1/3 of the time the workout doesn’t get the map uploaded to Strava, in which case you need to delete the workout from Strava, and upload it again
I guess this is a mixture of minor bugs and major usability problems, but editing interval workouts is really hard:
- Each time you edit an interval, it seems to make a duplicate, then you have to go change the workout that contained the interval
- The names of intervals seem to get out of sync with what is in them, etc.
- You can't set up intervals with the distance in meters and the pace in miles without switching back and forth between the settings page. Ugh.
That said, I haven't found anything else better because:
- it does (mostly) upload to all the sites that I use, including keeping a backup of the raw files on Dropbox
- It has good device support including HRM straps, footpods, watches, etc.
I've been using this app for 3 or 4 years and it is my favorite for logging all my runs and rides. It's nice that I can customize my display on my Apple Watch, create custom workouts, and view statistics all from within the app. I do have one suggestion for improvement: please create an easier way to hit the lap button on the Apple Watch - currently you must press and hold the display to bring up the alternate menu and then press the lap button, but this is troublesome to do when running laps at the track, simply too much of a distraction, and sometimes it's not as responsive as I would like. Perhaps create a 3rd window option?
Love it. Very connected app.
I have been using iSmoothRun for several years now. It allows display to my Pebble and stop/start ability on it too. I wanted an app that could post to my other trackers since each has different abilities and challenges and friends. The only thing I am wanting is a way to enter my weight training so that it posts to the other apps. I manually post just to Strava now.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 30, 2017
- Version: 5.6.4
- Size: 47.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: LAKE HORIZON LIMITED
- © 2011-2014 Lake Horizon Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.