Unleash your inner gridded side by effortlessly drawing on an angled isometric grid, creating beautifully precise geometric artwork. IsoSketch is simple and a blast to use. Yet you have full control with color, opacity, fills, strokes, layers, background images, and much more.
Output options include an emailable .svg vector format which lets you import your IsoSketch vector files into your favorite desktop vector editing program—grid, layers, and all—without syncing your iPad. Creating perfect, clean, scaleable vector artwork has never been this good.
Easy geometric drawing
• Draw perfect geometric artwork naturally—no fussy pen tools or shapes. Just fill areas in the grid.
• Layers with opacity, visibility, and stacking order make overlaying artwork easy
• Multiple files / canvasses available with the file browser
• Toolbar can be minimized to let you focus on your creations
• Multiple undo’s available
• Pinch / zoom lets you get into the details
• Vector export: Art can be exported as the universal vector .svg file format.
• Exported files play well on the desktop. Any vector editing program (we like Illustrator) can open and read .svg. Each drawn shape in the grid is a separate, editable object—organized in layers with all colors and transparency from your IsoSketch drawing intact.
• Emailable files: File exports are via email, so you don’t need to sync your iPad to get your artwork onto your desktop.
• Picture export: Send your art as a photo to your photo library, email a .jpg to a friend, or send it right to your account on Facebook.
• Fill tool paints areas in the grid, unit by unit. It’s fast and easy to fill large areas.
• Triangle stroke tool: Hollow triangles look great.
• Full control over background color and grid color, opacity, and visibility
• Ability to import photos or images from your photo library on their own layer– with opacity / visibility control
• Eraser tool
Added a button to center the viewport and scale it to 100%.
Ratings and Reviews
Has potential, but needs basic functionality
Unique idea and could be a great tool if it had these basic functions: 1-Save a custom color to a swatch; 2-Pick from a color already present in sketch (eyedropper tool); 3-Ability to move/nudge a layer's position on grid background; 4-Offer larger grid option to support more detailed sketches.
Great app! Needs a few tweaks
This is a near perfect app for isometric art. The only thing it's missing is the ability to draw one line segment instead of full triangles or the ability to erase one segment at a time and not the whole triangle. Thanks!
Not very useful in it's current state...
Initially, I thought this app looked interesting, so I decided to take a chance on it. While it's a surprisingly ambitious start for such an odd idea (it has layers), it's just way to limited for any real applications beyond drawing colored isometric boxes.
That's not to say this app isn't capable of become something useful, it's just that the concept behind this app hasn't been fully explored.
Rather than focusing on isometric paint brushes, it might be more appealing to users if they were offered a set of tools to create or import 2D images, then have the software convert these images to an isometric perspective by skewing image shape, then let the user place these isometric images using the grid as a position/z-sorting reference. There could even be a tool to convert an image to isometric 3D by adding a motion blur-like effect along the outer edges of the image shape to imply some simple form of z-depth. (think something like a bunch of old videogame sprites that have had their pixels extruded out into 3D boxes to create a simple 3D shape.)
Once created, the user would then place these images on the screen, creating neat little isometric 3D worlds, requiring only minimal effort.
Anyway, that's just my advice...
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.