View the International Space Station pass over your location. Get accurate and highly detailed visible pass predictions. Track the International Space Station in real-time on an animated interactive map of Earth. Learn about the current crew data. View spectacular HD video of Earth streamed live from the Space Station with soundtrack. Additionally, download and save images from NASA's Landsat 8 database corresponding to the exact area below the ISS. ISS Real-Time Tracker is the only app that gives you all this!
• Get accurate and detailed upcoming visible pass information for your current location.
• When adding a pass to your calendar, alerts will be set for 1 hour before and again at 20 minutes before the start of the pass.
• Tracks current position of the ISS in real time on an interactive map of Earth.
• Music soundtrack in tracking.
• Info overlay shows current ISS position in degrees, minutes, & seconds along with its altitude and velocity.
• Zoom control (map scaling) allows you to zoom in/out in each of 4 ranges from fine to large.
• Tracking update interval (from 1-6 secs) is automatically set for you, based on map scale.
• Live HD video streaming from the High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment on the ISS.
• Download Landsat 8 images from NASA's database corresponding to the precise area below the ISS and save them to your photos.
• Tap any overhead pass to create an event in your calendar.
• Reports current ISS crew members with their key data and bios.
• Choose from 3 position marker styles.
• All user settings and zoom slider position are automatically saved between uses.
• You can now change the scaling of Landsat images (from 0.03° to 0.50°).
• UI tweaks to support the new iPhone Xs, Xs Max, and Xr.
• Improvements in Passes table.
• Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Works exactly as described, no glitches here. Good info, great views. The live video feed works well when it’s over daylight, when it’s over night naturally it’s dark. Using pre-available satellite images when available as an alternate is a nice idea. In a future release it might be useful to be able to zoom out a bit further to give a more inclusive view of the ISS location. I’ve found the data accurate.
Great feedback! Thank you!
Don’t go by negative reviews
This is a well made and useful app, a few quirks with the UI, but if you want to track the ISS, see what it is seeing, and plan future viewings.
There are issues with map positioning especially if I drag my finger around to move the map underneath the station. I recommend this is disabled and always keep the ISS centered in the display, zoom in/out is ok. Also, plot the ISS path to show on map where it is/will be tracking over.
Great feedback. Thanks!!!
Fun - refinements possible.
This is a fun app; a few things that might be improved. For example, allow control over the track pass "accuracy" e.g. 10° above horizon versus 80° above horizon.
Another suggestion would be to have the Zoom scale stay stable while the location updates; currently the zoom resets with every update of location. Or make that a Settings option (auto-reset of zoomed view).
Thanks for the great feedback!!!
- Michael Stebel
- 31.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2018 Michael Stebel Consulting, LLC. All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.