iStart Korean ~ Mirai Language Systems
By Mirai LLP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
* SALE - 50% OFF - GET THIS GREAT APP NOW!!! *
‘iStart Korean’ is a unique and widely acclaimed app that will teach you Korean using a highly effective tutor-based approach.
Previous customer reviews:
“Best Korean app, look no further!”
“This app is amazing, very helpful!”
“Great addition for studying Hangeul!”
Featured by Apple several times on the App Store in the Education category.
‘iStart Korean’ is the premier tutor-based iOS application on the App Store. Aimed at beginner-level learners of Korean, it contains over 6 hours of full audio tutoring. Unlike most other Korean language apps which just have lists of vocabulary or flashcards, this app actually teaches you the basics of Korean — grammar, pronunciation, the hangeul writing system, and the usage of words — using an effective and clear methodology which you will thoroughly enjoy! There is simply no better way of learning Korean!
This FULL version of ‘iStart Korean’ contains:
* 50 bite-sized lessons
* clear visual and audio tutoring
* a native Korean narrator
* detailed grammar explanations in English
* an innovative interface and easy-to-use interface
* text moves in sync with audio to help you learn
* thousands of audio files to help you understand
* hundreds of pictures to help you remember words
* complete hangeul chart
* animated stroke order diagrams for all hangeul
* functionality for you to practice drawing hangeul on screen
* flashcards for all words covered
* fun quizzes for each lesson to check your progress
* search function for all words in the course
* create your own vocabulary lists easily
* collect motivation badges as you progress
Each lesson builds on what was learned in previous lessons, enabling you to make gradual and consistent progress. Everything is explained in great detail, giving you confidence and mastery of the material. While designed for absolute beginners, this app is also great for those who have learned Korean before, and need a quick refresher course.
This app is based on the very best in language learning methodology. Over a million language learners are using Mirai apps.
There is no other app like this on the App Store!
Get this great app now!
– No Internet connection required after download
– No in-app purchase required
Produced by Mirai:
“Changing the Way People Learn Languages.”
Other iStart apps by Mirai:
• Mirai Spanish
• Mirai Japanese
• iStart French
• iStart German
• iStart Kana
• iStart Chinese
© Mirai LLP
What's New in Version 5.2
Update Version 5.2
* We’ve finally fixed the bug that was plaguing a number of you who updated the app last time. We are very sorry that it took so long — we really appreciate your patience!
* Facebook integration has been removed since it was causing issues with many of you.
* We have improved the bug detection system and have added a fast and simple way for you to report bugs in the Info section.
This update should prove much more stable and reliable for everyone.
Again, thanks for your patience and for using iStart!
—Your Mirai Language Systems team
PS. iStart French will be ready in February!
Well thought out and detailed
If you are the type of person that wants to learn a few words of Korean for a trip then this app is not for you. There are much simpler apps out there (which were useless to me). Other apps work by grouping words by categories such as greetings, travel, etc. This app is divided in lessons that go over not only vocabulary, but also correct pronunciation and learning how to read Hangul. In other apps I would hear the pronunciation but I wouldn't catch the nuances of the language. By using standard romanization as well as a phonetic romanization I was able to finally see what I was missing. I'm only on lesson 5, but I really like it so far. If anything changes I will update my review.
One of the best things I have tried so far
I may have only started this app today, but it is amazing! It's everything you want in a language learning app! It slowly explains everything and deeply as well, it has a native speaker, you can always review what you learned, and the best part, no added extras that cost a dollar ninety nine. I recommend you buy this app. It's makes learning easy and fun!
The lessons aren't overwhelming, and are really informative. Having the native speaker really helps as well. I highly recommend this app. I would really love to be able to play all the lessons in a continuous loop, and I'd also like to see the addition of the Korean diphthongs added to the pronunciation section.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 18, 2013
- Version: 5.2
- Size: 239 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mirai LLP
- © 2012-13, Mirai Language Systems, Mirai LLP
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.