The most powerful system monitoring app for macOS, right in your menubar.
iStat Menus covers a huge range of stats, including a CPU monitor, GPU, memory, network usage, disk usage, disk activity, date & time, battery and more. All in a highly optimised, low resource package. iStat Menus is highly configurable, with full support for macOS’ light and dark menubar modes.
iStat Menus features a wide range of different menubar text and graph styles that are all completely customizable. Each of the dropdown menus provides access to even greater detail including history graphs for access to up to 30 days of data.
• CPU & GPU •
Realtime CPU graphs and a list of the top 5 CPU resource hogs. Tracked use by individual cores or with all cores combined, to save space. Plus, GPU memory and processor usage on supported Macs, and the active GPU can be shown in the menubar.
• Memory •
Memory stats for your menubar as a pie chart, graph, percentage, bar or any combination of those things. Opening the menu shows a list of the apps using the most memory.
• Network •
Monitor bandwidth usage in the menubar as text or graphs. Advanced bandwidth and interface information is available in the dropdown menu.
• Disk usage & activity •
See used and free space for multiple disks in your menubar. Plus, S.M.A.R.T. status monitoring, detailed disk I/O, and a variety of different read and write indicators.
• Sensors •
A realtime view of temperatures, hard drive temperatures (where supported), fans, voltages, current and power. Please note that sensor monitoring requires installing a free add-on from our website.
• Date & time •
A highly configurable date, time and calendar for your menubar, including fuzzy clock, moon phase, and upcoming calendar events. Plus, a world clock with sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset times.
• Battery & power •
Detailed info on your battery’s current state, and a highly configurable menu item that can change if you’re draining, charging, or completely charged. Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad and Apple wireless keyboard battery levels.
• Notifications •
iStat Menus can notify you of an incredibly wide range of events, based on CPU, GPU, memory, disks, network, sensors, battery, power and more. This lets you be notified when your public IP has changed, if your internet connection is down, if CPU usage is above 60% for more than 10 seconds, or a near-infinite range of other options. It can even remind you of daylight saving changes.
• Notification Center widget •
The new iStat Menus widget is a great way to keep your Mac’s vital stats tucked away in Notification Center. CPU usage, memory, top CPU and memory processes, load averages, disk space and uptime are only ever a single click or swipe gesture away, from any app.
This update includes some minor bug fixes along with the following changes in the previous update.
- Improved support for 2018 MacBookPro’s
- Improved process memory reporting
- Reduced resource usage
- Added ability to change dropdown section header text color
- Added ability to have multiple GPU items in menubar to allow processor and memory items simultaneously
- Added ISS tracker to light map in time dropdown
- Added an option to control if purgeable space is hidden is disk space reporting
- Added disk icons to Disks dropdown
- Improved eGPU support
- Improved localizations
- Fixed some issues with importing a settings file from version 5
- Fixed some issues with gpu selection for menubar gpu modes
- Fixed some issues with dropdown positioning
- Fixed an issue with menubar labels on non retina screens
- Fixed an issue with fuzzy clock in Time dropdown using wrong timezone
- Fixed some issues with memory notifications not being shown
- Fixed an issue with bluetooth icons missing in menubar for logitech devices
- Fixed a timezone issue on dual line menubar clocks
- Changed internet status checker to use 184.108.40.206 instead of google.com
- Fixed an issue with changing language
- Fixed an issue with importing & exporting settings
Ratings and Reviews
Great System Information App
I have been using this app for years. Is highly customizable in terms of what data is shown, what level of detail you want for a given system stat, and provides a nice compact way to access information about network strength, RAM & CPU usage, and a variety of other factors. I also really like that you can customize the footprint it occupies in the menu bar. Using this program and bartender app, I can have access to a weath of information about my Mac.
Great, with one exception!
I love this application it is worth every penny. However, I use the compile feature so that I can get all the information in the battery button and the button is not placed evenly on the menu bar. The battery is slightly lower than it should be and isn’t aesthetically nice to look at. It would be great if they would fix it so that it is evenly placed. Other than this great app! If they fix it I’ll be sure to update to 5 stars!
Amazing App. Must have.
I have used numerous system monitors in the past. This one is by far the best. Shows proceses and iops impact on each drive. Really detailed information enabled me to split processing loads between multiple disks to get optimum throughput for my workloads. Must have on a Mac Pro, especially if your workflow involves multiple parallel processes and you are running one machine.
- Bjango Pty Ltd
- 21.7 MB
- OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Bjango Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.