By AstroArts Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iStellar is a planetarium App that shows the starry sky seen from the place and time of your choice. It is optimized for Multi-Touch control, allowing you to operate intuitively; drag to move the star chart, pinch to zoom in and out, and so on.
The star chart can be rotated from portrait to landscape, and you can even fix the location via GPS (only for iPhone 3G).
- Over 16,000 star data, with name for 254 stars
- Twinkles like actual stars
- Simulates distortion (atmospheric refraction and extinction) at low altitude
- Displays the Sun, daylight, twilight, the Moon (with shape and phase), 8 planets, Pluto
- Shows name, line and picture for all constellations
- Milky Way with real tone
- Plots Messier objects and their names
- Comets with accurate position and magnitude. Data can be downloaded whenever available
- Meteor Shower Radiants
- Solar eclipse simulation with high accuracy
- Adjustable moonlight and light polution
- Landscape and azimuth / direction grid
- Beautiful animation (real-time, adjusted time, reversal)
- Simulates every second between 1 Jan 1900 to 31 Dec 2099
- Switches screen according to the device's orientation
- Zoom by pinching(3 to 180 degrees)
- Easy moving through the sky by dragging, and centering by double-tap
- Object Search function
- Free choice of location and time zone, instant setting with GPS
What's New in Version 2.9.0
* Due to update of the development tool OS requirements changed to iOS 8.0 or later.
* Fixed an error where the sunset glow failed to appear.
* Fixed the erroneous titles of Object Display setting screens.
* Automated updating of data.
* Shows iOS status bar at the top of the star chart.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 02, 2017
- Version: 2.9.0
- Size: 44.2 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: AstroArts Inc.
- © 2009 AstroArts Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.