Usage questions? ***Please contact us before posting an issue in the reviews.***
Peterson Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708.388.3311 M-F 8am-5pm (CST)
TRUSTED BY PROFESSIONALS FOR OVER 70 YEARS.
---iStroboSoft for iOS---
Peterson Strobe Tuners' popular StroboSoft tuning application for the iPod touch® and iPhone™. iStroboSoft™ offers the unmatched accuracy of a mechanical strobe tuner for the highest degree of precision available in a software tuning application.
Plug in and tune your electrics and acoustics quickly and easily with 1/10th cent accuracy.
Peterson Tuners has offered tuning solutions for over 65 years and is the only company specializing in hardware and software tuning products for all levels of musicians.
• Stand-by mode to reduce battery usage or freeze the display.
• Guided Mode Tuning offers an alternate strobe display that slows the strobe bands one-by-one as you come closer to tune.
• Speed control for strobe display; dampen the response for a longer note display.
• 12 Temperaments with adjustable root control.
• Display all sharps note display.
• Assisted Low Note Detection (ALND) helps capture very low frequencies.
• Mains hum filter option reduces the chances of the tuner latching on to 50 or 60Hz cycle hum when using a direct line-in connection or while using the app during device charging.
• Smooth, real-time strobe display allows you to achieve an unmatched level of accuracy.
• Note/Octave window displays the correct note and octave for the note being tuned.
• Cents display allows you to see how far out of tune your note is in cent values.
• Tune in auto or manual mode.
• Toggle the display to show: cents, Hz, MIDI note value for the note being tuned.
• Glowing flat/sharp indicators assist when tuning a note very far from the target position.
• Noise filter: Use the noise filter when utilizing an external mic or clip-on tuning device to help reduce the effect of extraneous environmental noise during tuning.
• Input boost: The input boost will raise all input frequencies by +24dB.
• Calibration mode: iStroboSoft can be calibrated to an external source guaranteeing 1/10th cent accuracy.
• Drop/Capo mode: iStroboSoft will auto-transpose notes up or down to one full octave.
• Adjustable Concert A: Change the Concert A reference of the tuner to accommodate tuning to a fixed instrument, such as a piano, or tune instruments that do not utilize the typical Western A440 reference.
• Full screen mode permits the strobe display to be maximized on screen to allow better viewing from a distance.
• Change strobe display colors to accommodate different lighting environments or set a preferred user color for those with limited color palette recognition.
Use the built-in mic on your device for tuning or connect directly via the headphone jack using an approved adaptor cable or interface.
Devices without a headphone jack can connect a pickup or mic using the lightning-to-audio adaptor.
Optional adaptor cable for direct line-in access as well as mini capsule microphone available from Peterson.
Support via email at: email@example.com or call 708.388.3311 M-F 8am-5pm (CST)
fix a bug introduced in last release that broke access to some settings items.
Ratings and Reviews
BEST TUNER, Just GET IT!
Finnally a tuner that does not flash and jump around and leave you gussing. So easy to slow down the strobe. Makes so much sense to pluck a string and let it resonate while the string is tuned. Very sensitive using my iPad Pro. Having cents show is a great feedback that further increases confidence. I've found the string's tuning jumps a few cents after letting go of the tuner. Easy to get use to and anticipate so you end up with tuining within fractions of cents. Also, never made sense to bang away at the string to keep the volume loud enough for my old clip on, or in line tuners. Not using a pick was a piece of information that didn't jump out at me. My local luther had made a comment that my guitar was tuned sharp. I had tuned my brand new guitar with a pick before heading to the luther.
I have been a luthier for 30 years and have been using my Stroboconn for that long. I wanted something equivalent and portable. I wrote my first spectrum analyzer (FFT) for hardware I made in 1984 running on a Mac+. I have a lot of expectations when it comes to this software. With in app purchases I had to spend $30 to replace the mechanical strobe which seems expensive for an app. It does, however, function very well. Make sure to calibrate it. I also spent an extra $10 for having the spectrum features replacing my Mac+. (Well worth it.)
I would really like a power meter feature. Beyond tuning I often need to measure string to string balance in piezo pickups. The other feature I would love to have is a waterfall display of the spectrum. It would be an easy add.
Really great tool
I looked into and tried clip on tuners like the Snark. It worked well but I saw reviews that suggested some finishes were marred by the clip on over time.
I saw the Peterson website and pondered on which tuner would work best for me with classical and steel string guitars.
Then I saw the iStroboSoft tuner. Fascinated, I purchased and used the tuner with my iPhone and iPad. It has become my tuner of choice. I really like how it handles the job of fine tuning my guitars.
I tried the sweeteners but finally I settled on the normal setting and use the “cents” setting.
I find on most of my guitars the intonation on the third string is a bit finicky . If you just recognize this, you can kind of view the tuning bars and cent values to create your own “ visual” sweetener values.
Bottom line- get it if you are in a quiet setting to use it. I actually think there is a clip for this that allows tuning in noisy environments?
For me, I like playing at the end of day when all is peaceful and quiet. This tuner is the first step in practicing every day.
Great software!!! Great app- period.
- Peterson Strobe Tuners
- 7.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Peterson Electro-Musical Products, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Guitar & Bass Sweeteners $5.99
- Tuning Tools $9.99
- Harmonic Tuning $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.