By Peterson Tuners
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Usage questions? ***Note: We cannot respond to reviews so contact us before posting an issue.*** Please contact direct Peterson Support at: email@example.com or call 708.388.3311 M-F 8am-5pm (CST)
Version 2.3 (11/18/14)
• Some users have reported picking up mains hum (the tuner displays a constant pitch - which can be different according to location and environment) - this is a (unintended - sorry!) consequence of extending the range and sensitivity of the tuner. Rather than undoing the changes above which give far greater tracking and accuracy we have added a dedicated mains hum filter in Tuner/Advanced settings.
---iStroboSoft for iOS---
Peterson Strobe Tuners' popular StroboSoft tuning application for the iPod touch® and iPhone™. iStroboSoft™ offers the unmatched accuracy of a mechanical strobe tuner for the highest degree of precision available in a software tuning application.
Plug in and tune your electrics and acoustics quickly and easily with 1/10th cent accuracy.
Peterson Tuners has offered tuning solutions for over 65 years and is the only company specializing in hardware and software tuning products for all levels of musicians.
• NEW - Stand-by mode to reduce battery usage or freeze the display.
• NEW - Guided Mode Tuning offers an alternate strobe display that slows the strobe bands one-by-one as you come closer to tune.
• NEW - Speed control for strobe display; dampen the response for a longer note display.
• NEW - 12 Temperaments with adjustable root control.
• NEW - Display all sharps note display.
• NEW - Assisted Low Note Detection (ALND) helps capture very low frequencies.
• NEW - Mains hum filter option reduces the chances of the tuner latching on to 50 or 60Hz cycle hum when using a direct line-in connection or while using the app during device charging.
• Smooth, real-time strobe display allows you to achieve an unmatched level of accuracy.
• Note/Octave window displays the correct note and octave for the note being tuned.
• Cents display allows you to see how far out of tune your note is in cent values.
• Tune in auto or manual mode.
• Toggle the display to show: cents, Hz, MIDI note value for the note being tuned.
• Glowing flat/sharp indicators assist when tuning a note very far from the target position.
• Noise filter: Use the noise filter when utilizing an external mic or clip-on tuning device to help reduce the effect of extraneous environmental noise during tuning.
• Input boost: The input boost will raise all input frequencies by +24dB.
• Calibration mode: iStroboSoft can be calibrated to an external source guaranteeing 1/10th cent accuracy.
• Drop/Capo mode: iStroboSoft will auto-transpose notes up or down to one full octave.
• Adjustable Concert A: Change the Concert A reference of the tuner to accommodate tuning to a fixed instrument, such as a piano, or tune instruments that do not utilize the typical Western A440 reference.
• Full screen mode permits the strobe display to be maximized on screen to allow better viewing from a distance.
• Change strobe display colors to accommodate different lighting environments or set a preferred user color for those with limited color palette recognition.
- 2nd and 3rd generation users will require an external microphone similar to a headset mic used with the iPhone.
- 4th generation users can utilize the built-in mic on their device.
- Users can use the built-in mic for tuning or connect direct via the headphone jack using an approved adaptor cable or interface.
This version is universal and will function on iPad 2nd Gen+
Optional adaptor cable for direct line-in access as well as mini capsule microphone available from Peterson.
Support via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708.388.3311 M-F 8am-5pm (CST)
What's New in Version 2.6
Minor but annoying bug fix.
A+ Accuracy - Yet Easy To Learn and Use
The Peterson tuner for iOS is phenomenal on my iPhone 6s Plus.
The help section (accessible from within the app itself) are first rate. Simple tips for accurate tuning are given to you for the best possible result and very complicated electronic jargon is translated into understandable terms.
After you settle into using this tuner, it becomes evident - the Developer wants you to enjoy using (and continue to use) this App. Now I pick up my iPhone and use the App with confidence.
I admit at first I felt a bit nervous using such a sophisticated tool. I'd read about strobe tuners, but had never used one and it seemed like quite a bit to wrap my mind around. I just wanted to to my guitar, not launch the space shuttle.
When all is said and done it really comes down to the end result and I couldn't ask for more. I have no idea why, but to me it seems once I tune my guitars accurately - it just seems to stay in tune far longer.
I never thought I would have a Peterson Tuner
I stumbled on to it in the App Store looking for other guitar apps. I did a quick check and yes this really is the same Peterson Strobe in a convenient always on my IPhone and iPad kinda way. I have used the mic function to set intonation on my Fender. It was so easy to use and so accurate. A quick minute later I had it tuned to standard in a snap. I have own several tuners from old pitch pipes to the latest Quartz tuners and the Strobosoft app beats them hands down. I love it.
Excellent for piano tuning
After tuning my grand piano with a much more expensive application installed on a heavy laptop, I was never satisfied with the results in the highest and lowest registers. After retuning the piano with the extremely accurate iStroboSoft, I couldn't believe the new sound of the instrument. Just an amazing app for ten bucks plus another twenty for the keyboard sweeteners, which include stretch tunings for grands and uprights. For me, this app can't be beaten for both quality and price.
Caveat: sweeteners cannot be shared
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 17, 2016
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peterson Strobe Tuners
- © 2014 Peterson Electro-Musical Products, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Guitar & Bass Sweeteners$5.99
- Tuning Tools$9.99
- Full Discounted Upgrade Pack$59.99
- Bluegrass Sweeteners$5.99
- Harmonic Tuning$19.99
- Extended Frequency Modes$4.99
- Steel Guitar Sweeteners$14.99
- Buzz Feiten Pack$5.99
- Orchestral Sweeteners$5.99
- Keyboard Sweeteners$19.99