By Peterson Tuners
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
------- NOTE: Microphone access issues?
iOS 7 added microphone access to your privacy settings. Please go to SETTINGS > MICROPHONE > Enable access to the mic for iStroboSoft. ------
Peterson Strobe Tuners' popular StroboSoft tuning application for the iPod touch® and iPhone™. iStroboSoft™ offers the unmatched accuracy of a mechanical strobe tuner for the highest degree of precision available in a software tuning application.
Plug in and tune your electrics and acoustics quickly and easily with 1/10th cent accuracy.
Peterson Tuners has offered tuning solutions for over 65 years and is the only company specializing in hardware and software tuning products for all levels of musicians.
• Smooth, real-time strobe display allows you to achieve an unmatched level of accuracy.
• Note/Octave window displays the correct note and octave for the note being tuned.
• Cents display allows you to see how far out of tune your note is in cent values.
• Tune in auto or manual mode.
• Toggle the display to show: cents, Hz, MIDI note value for the note being tuned.
• Glowing flat/sharp indicators assist when tuning a note very far from the target position.
• Noise filter: Use the noise filter when utilizing an external mic or clip-on tuning device to help reduce the effect of extraneous environmental noise during tuning.
• Input boost: The input boost will raise all input frequencies by +24dB.
• Calibration mode: iStroboSoft can be calibrated to an external source guaranteeing 1/10th cent accuracy.
• Drop/Capo mode: iStroboSoft will auto-transpose notes up or down to one full octave.
• Adjustable Concert A: Change the Concert A reference of the tuner to accommodate tuning to a fixed instrument, such as a piano, or tune instruments that do not utilize the typical Western A440 reference.
• Full screen mode permits the strobe display to be maximized on screen to allow better viewing from a distance.
• Change strobe display colors to accommodate different lighting environments or set a preferred user color for those with limited color palette recognition.
Guitar, bass, brass, and woodwind instrument tuner.
Not recommended for piano tuning.
iPod touch 2nd and 3rd generation users will require an external microphone similar to a headset mic used with the iPhone.
iPod touch 4th generation users can utilize the built-in mic on their device.
iPhone users can use the built-in mic for tuning.
Optional adaptor cable for direct line-in access as well as mini capsule microphone available from Peterson.
- iPad 1G+
- iPhone 4+
- iPod touch 2nd Gen. +
- iPod touch 1st Gen will require a compatible mic-in device via docking connector
- iPad compatible but not native. Please search iStroboSoft HD for iPad native version
Support via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708.388.3311 M-F 8am-5pm (CST)
What's New in Version 1.51.0
- Fixed NO INPUT error on iOS 7
- Fixed note graphics clipping
- MAN (manual) mode now easier to see
- Optimized display for iOS 7
- Fixed connection to NEWS
Drop capo function gets activated accidentally and mysteriously
I have had many Peterson hardware and software tuners and in general I like them. The "drop capo" function however is absolutely maddening and should be locked out or lockable to "never use this ever". I never need it, never want it, never activated it or any other calibration except normal A440. Nevertheless, about 1/10th of the time when I go to tune an instrument I will discover to my extreme displeasure that I am not tuning to the note shown on the screen but to a LIE based upon the spontaneously-altered drop tuning setting which I absolutely hate and never want and I have no idea how it ever gets activated. The inconvenience of this feature is so great that I am looking for another tuner app.
The best app I've ever purchased.
This is the single most important app I've ever bought. Peterson creates another world of being able to stay in tune and this app is just as accurate as the Stomp Classic or the StroboClip. I'd definitely like to see some sweetened tunings but I've got no qualms with this app at this point, and for 5 bucks it's a steal. I'd have paid 4 times that easy.
I am a professional flutist and my husband is a professional cellist. This tuner has enough range to accurately tune his lowest note and my highest note on piccolo. The display is large enough to easily see with peripheral vision while reading music. And my flute student actually enjoy working on tuning excercises now. Thanks Peterson!