iSub Music Streamer
By Benjamin Baron
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iSub lets you stream your personal music collection from your home computer directly to your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, regardless of size and format. Tap “...More” to learn why you should choose iSub!
You love your music. In fact, you have the biggest collection of albums and individual tunes of anyone you know and you listen to your playlists as often and for as long as you possibly can. Now, thanks to iSub Music Streamer, you’re enjoying your favorite songs everywhere you go, even at work.
This app is an incredible software program that lets you stream all of that music (and even your audio books) from your home computer directly to your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad over Wi-Fi, 3G, or even EDGE. iSub streams your music from any Subsonic compatible server (Subsonic, Madsonic, FutureSonic, etc). There’s no central server to rely on, so you never have to worry about interruptions. It doesn’t matter the size or format of your collection; iSub can handle it thanks to Subsonic’s ability to convert song files as they play.
iSub isn’t just about listening, either. You can easily search, browse or edit your playlists right from you device, shuffle songs and albums, view your latest additions and far more! The current and next song cache automatically as you play, saving you money on your data plan. You can even cache whole albums over Wi-Fi without having to play them, so you can be ready for a long plane ride.
Customize your music experience and make it just the way you want it. Don’t just get force fed music like some other apps.
Check out the amazing features you get when you download iSub Music Streamer:
* Gapless playback!
* Full parametric equalizer!
* Works over 3G!
* Easy to navigate – works on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Streams directly from your home computer to your device – never shuts down
* Can play almost any audio format
* Can lower bitrate to save bandwidth
* Search your server for albums, artists and songs from the Home tab
* Selections complete with album art and track information
* Skip within tracks while they stream
* Easily see your newest album/song additions, frequently played or recently played
* Shuffle your whole server with the press of a button
* Quick access to current playlist
* Caches current and next song to your device for best performance
* Create custom playlists from your device
* Cache songs when on Wi-Fi without having to play them
* Chat with others on your server
* Save bookmarks
* Offers AirPlay support, Twitter integration and Last.fm Scrobbling
* Quick Start Guide and FAQ available on website at http://isubapp.com
* Includes the open source libraries MGTwitterEngine, EGOTableViewPullRefresh, TBXML, and FMDB
If you love music, this is the ultimate app for you. Download iSub Music Streamer now.
What's New in Version 3.1.8
- Fixed display of folders with > character in an item name
- Fixed status bar hides on rotation to landscape
- Fixed playlist songs view goes under the navigation bar
- Fixed more tab navigation bar is translucent while all other bars aren't
- Fixed placement of save/delete buttons in equalizer view
- Fixed equalizer view doesn't correctly pick first preset after deleting custom one
- Removed unnecessary check on bookmark name when saving, any number of bookmarks can now have the same name
Thank you for IOS 8 update!!!! - but why the bookmark change?
Update: why the change to bookmarks? They don't work for me most of the time now. Before, I would have to name a bookmark and immediately create a second one, overwriting the first. Otherwise it would point to an old, deleted bookmark or playlist. Why would you want multiple bookmarks w the same name anyway? It's like reading a book and leaving each bookmark in its place rather than just reusing the same one. Please fix this as I use it all the time and it's back to 5 stars.
Long, long time user of iSub and Subsonic. So thankful for the IOS update! I hope work continues on this, my most important app.
Long live iSub!
I love this app. I literally use it every single day. I stream music during my commute to and from work. I also use it to stream movies and tv shows from my home server. This is the absolute best subsonic app on iOS. Worth every penny.
The iOS streaming is a little annoying because of Apple's new streaming policy of parsing into 10 second packets. Maybe once the movie/tv stream will skip forward or backwards 10 seconds because the packets were rearranged in the wrong order, but honestly it's worth t to have high quality video streams from your home server to iPhone or iPad.
If you haven't bought this yet but are running a subsonic server, get it. You will not be disappointed.
Also - I'm glad the developer or open source team of developers is continuing to maintain this. It's the best subsonic app and deserves to be maintained.
I was very impressed by the amount of customizable features this app has to offer. I finally don't have to use the stock music iPhone app and now have access to ALL of music music from anywhere. You can also set it up to only cache songs on your phone from your server when you are connected to wifi. This works great for someone with a limited data plan like myself. A+
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 08, 2015
- Version: 3.1.8
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Benjamin Baron
- © 2014 Ben Baron
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.