IT Tools - Network Analyzer
By KEVIN KOLTZAU
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IT Tools is a network scanner and analyzer for IT professionals. Includes continuous traceroute, DNS lookup, ping, routing tables, ARP tables, interface statistics, list of active connections and more. IPv6 is fully supported, including reverse DNS. All tools support sending results via Mail, and Messages.
WiFi Network Scanner
Discover all the machines running on your network.
• Supports IPv6 scanning via broadcast addresses
• IP, MAC and Vendor name
• All Bonjour/mDNS services, including all extra data stored in the TXT record.
• All UPnP devices, including sub-devices and services.
• Discover devices using NetBIOS. This helps a lot on networks with many Windows machines.
Provides details of the network hops to the destination host. Optimized to determine the network path extremely quickly, often in less then 5 seconds. Once the path is determined, it proceeds to continuously ping each hop to provide additional statistics and alternate paths, similar to tools like PathPing and MTR.
• Visualize traceroute geolocation data on the map
• Configurable start and max TTL, interval and payload size
• Choose which interface to use
• Lists all hostnames that respond to each hop
• View the AS Numbers associated with each hop
• Detects when an IP address is entered, and looks up the reverse PTR record
• Use the current system DNS server, or supply your own
• Choose from 50 supported DNS record types, including A, AAAA, CNAME, LOC, MX, NS, SRV, TXT
• Request DNSSEC records
• Optionally query using EDNS, including the NSID option.
• View LOC and GPOS records on a map
• Force DNS lookup over TCP to diagnose DNS server issues
• View the full DNS response, with headers and the question, answer, authority and additional sections
• Lookup internationalized domain names (IDN)
• Configurable TTL, Payload size, and interval
• Choose which interface to use
• Optionally keep the screen from going to sleep for very long ping sessions
• Optional audible sound on errors or when responses arrive
• Lookup details about hosts, IP addresses, and more
• Auto detects the whois server based on the query, or use a custom server
• Route statistics updated in real time
• Very useful for diagnosing WiFi and VPN configuration issues
• All network interfaces on your device
• Network statistics updated in real time
• Current WiFi and WWAN IP Address
• WiFi SSID and BSSID
Active Network Connections
• All listening server sockets
• The IP and hostname of the remote server
• Lookup AS Numbers for the remote server
ARP - Address Resolution Protocol
Displays the current mapping of IP addresses to hardware (MAC) addresses.
NDP - IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Protocol
Display the IPv6 routers and nodes that have been discovered.
Includes a MAC address database, lookup the manufacturers name and address for any devices on your network.
What's New in Version 2.17.2
• Improved whois support for new TLDs
• Support for internationalized domain names (IDN)
• Other stability and bug fixes
Whats new in 2.17
• Network Scan can now discover devices using NetBIOS. This helps a lot on networks with many Windows machines
• Support for iOS9 Split View and Slide Over
• Support 3D Touch on iOS9
• Improved iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus landscape support
• Speed up DNS and fix an issue where results would not appear
Useful and reliable
In many forums and websites, I see questions regarding home networking, addressed with about as much enthusiasm as an oncoming cold. As such,my only complaint with IT Tools is its lack of a help/support section. If you plan to use it, come knowledgeable, or know where you can look you terms and their relationships between each other. Like I said, nobody wants to deal with elementary illnesses. That said, as a self-taught, still learning enthusiast, I find this app to be reliable, full of information, and consistent. Other apps crash on me, or provide only surface information. Not so here. Finally, I am quite leery of many network apps, IT Tools is one that I trust.
I Just Say Thank You!
This is "User Friendly" app for a "Non Tech" business woman! I am self employed and use my computer a great deal in the context of delivering my professional services. I suspected my network had been compromised, but I lacked the skills to document the problem. This app is thorough, reliable and has given me the documentation to "show" I.T. Professionals that my computer has been hacked. I no longer have to struggle to describe my problems now that the results of scans and other diagnostics can be printed and proven!
Do not proceed without this app
I'm not a paid reviewer. I'm a country girl from Arkansas who happens to love programming.
This is the most useful app in my arsenal. (Yes, people from Arkansas can use the word arsenal correctly). I would give it six stars. It will open up a whole new experience on your iPhone. If you don't believe me, try it. If you don't love it, delete it! What's to lose?