The #1 Free Italian English Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch ◇ Offline Dictionary with Comprehensive Entries ◇ Sentence Translator ◇ Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation ◇ Universal Application
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
“I downloaded a number of apps to help me learn and translate Italian. This was the one I ended up relying on.”
“Super fun and easy. Useful, versatile, convenient, thorough, and mobile...what more can you ask for?”
“Fantastic! Great app & easy to use. Offline feature crucial & distinctive from other translate apps.”
“Student. Very helpful for homework, like this app!”
“Superb. I have many paid language apps and this one trumps all. Verb tables, notes and best of all, searchable dictionary. Love to see the paid version.”
Italian Dictionary & Translator + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. Italian Dictionary & Translator + includes features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, audio clips and images to dictionary entries. An in-app purchases extends the dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugator making VidaLingua the most comprehensive Italian Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download Italian Dictionary & Translator + now and start learning Italian or English today!
- Italian English Dictionary with over 505,000 offline entries for free, over 743,000 with Premium.
- Voice search for Dictionary, Phrasebook and Verb Conjugator.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of Italian nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Sentence Translator.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends. Over twice as many sentences with Premium.
- Conjugations of 6,658 verbs. More tenses and moods with Premium.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in Italian & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in Italian or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information with IAP.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrasebook.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
• 1-year subscription includes extended dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugations.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms of Service
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging travel companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
VidaLingua is an Ascendo brand.
- Added thousands of headwords to the Dictionary.
- Added thousands of examples to the Dictionary.
- Implemented iPad Split Screen to use Dictionary with other apps.
- Implemented Drag & Drop between Dictionary and other iPad apps.
- Added Copy to Clipboard to Dictionary. Tap word or example to show context menu.
- Improved voice lookup language selection on Apple Watch.
- Added 3D Touch Peek to see Dictionary entries for Quiz words.
- Improved use of Dynamic Type. See iOS Settings > Larger Font to adjust.
- Added deep linking so Dictionary headwords can be looked up using Spotlight.
- Improved audio speed selector in Voice Settings.
- Added Flashcards setting to display only Dictionary favorites.
- Improved Flashcards screen layout.
- Added South African accent to pronunciation choices.
- Adapted screen layouts for iPhone X.
- Changed dictionary favorites icon color to red.
- Fixed layout issues on iPhones Plus models.
- Eliminated truncation of long translator phrases.
- Corrected bug blocking purchase of Premium Features.
- Enabled Translate link on verb conjugation screen.
- Fixed favorites issue when over 100 dictionary words are starred.
- Fixed minor bugs and improved help text.
If you have any issues with this update, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like free updates, please rate our app favorably in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this App! Made our lives easy in Italy
This Italian English Dictionary was the perfect thing. When my wife and I went to Florence we lived by it. The phrases tool is really nice to have. From simple directions, to ordering, hotels and greetings and live pronunciation we actually started to fit in:) The quizzes are easy to use as well. We had a lot of fun on the train learning our Italia. A must have app. New version has more examples which is nice. Thank you.
Thanks for your wonderful review! Best, Liam, Customer Success Manager
Italian Verb conjugations
A few verbs are not conjugated for some reason. E.g. racchiudere, to enclose. If there is a reason it would be really helpful to say why. Also, it would be very useful to explain the difference in usage for verbs meaning the same thing. E. g. Divide: dividere & separate; put: mettere & porre; become: divenire & diventare , and many more.
This is a very, very good application and I hope my suggestions can help improve it even more so.
My wife and I are exploring the small towns between Siena and Florence. We're trying hard to get off the beaten path and try to lose ourselves in the culture. I can't tell you how much easier it is to communicate with this app in my pocket. Leaving my old pocket dictionary at the albergo!!
Thanks, that's wonderful to hear! Best, Liam, Customer Success Manager
- Ascendo Inc.
- 44.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ascendo Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Extended Dictionary $4.99
- Extended Phrase Book $2.99
- Premium $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.