The #1 Italian Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch ◇ Offline Dictionary with over 647,000 Entries ◇ Sentence Translator ◇ Comprehensive Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
“Excellent. The best foreign language app I have ever used.”
“Best Dictionary! I have collected several books and study apps. This is my favorite tool!”
“Great update for iPad. I haven't found a word that is not defined. Apps like this really expand the usefulness of mobile devices.”
“Great app! I am a beginning student of Italian and this app is extremely helpful.”
“It's really really good! Well designed. Easy to look up words in either language. I use it every day now, far more than my printed dictionary.”
Italian Dictionary & Translator + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. Italian Dictionary & Translator + includes everything you need in one app and features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, images & audio clips to dictionary entries. Advanced features and extensive content make VidaLingua the most comprehensive Italian English Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download Italian Dictionary & Translator + now and start learning Italian or English today!
- Italian English Dictionary with over 743,000 offline entries.
- Voice search for Dictionary, Phrasebook and Verb Conjugator.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of Italian nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends.
- Conjugations of 6,658 Italian & English verbs.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in Italian & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in Italian or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrase book.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes, images & audio clips to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging learning companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
VidaLingua is an Ascendo brand.
- Added thousands of headwords to the Dictionary.
- Added thousands of examples to the Dictionary.
- Implemented iPad Split Screen to use Dictionary with other apps.
- Implemented Drag & Drop between Dictionary and other iPad apps.
- Added Copy to Clipboard to Dictionary. Tap word or example to show context menu.
- Improved voice lookup language selection on Apple Watch.
- Added 3D Touch Peek to see Dictionary entries for Quiz words.
- Improved use of Dynamic Type. See iOS Settings > Larger Font to adjust.
- Added deep linking so Dictionary headwords can be looked up using Spotlight.
- Improved audio speed selector in Voice Settings.
- Added Flashcards setting to display only Dictionary favorites.
- Improved Flashcards screen layout.
- Added South African accent to pronunciation choices.
- Adapted screen layouts for iPhone X.
- Changed dictionary favorites icon color to red.
- Fixed layout issues on iPhones Plus models.
- Eliminated truncation of long translator phrases.
- Corrected bug blocking purchase of Premium Features.
- Enabled Translate link on verb conjugation screen.
- Fixed favorites issue when over 100 dictionary words are starred.
- Fixed minor bugs and improved help text.
If you have any issues with this update, please email email@example.com
If you like free updates, please rate our app favorably in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
GREAT Dictionary App!
I have bought multiple versions of your app in the 5 languages that I study. I LOVE it! I have tried many apps — but I LOVE the consistent format you bring to these apps in the various languages. The BEST part — it is all beautifully linked. You type in the word you are looking for either in English or in Italian (or whatever language app you are using) - and the app automatically finds definitions without having to change the language (as most other apps require). In particular, the VERB conjugations are wonderful! You look up a verb — click on "conjugate" in the upper right — and you instantly have access to ALL conjugations in all tenses of that verb. NO other app I have tried comes close to convenience for rapidity of verb conjugations (and I have tried MANY other apps). This dictionary is not so good for longer translations (I use another app for that ... ) — but it is the best iphone/ipad app I have found for very fast verb conjugation review - and I use it ALL the time for this. Thank you! NOTE #1 — The non-paid versions are inferior. But the adds go away and the dictionary greatly expands if you get the paid apps (well worth the money!). NOTE #2 — Someone mentioned they had trouble hearing the words. I did to until I shut off "Go on-line for better quality" — after which I heard the voices well. The "slow" speed is still a bit fast, but understandable.
Thanks for your excellent review!
Best, Liam, Customer Success Manager
Excellent for self-didacts
Vida Lingua's Italian Dictionary and Translator has been a valuable tool for me in my study of Italian. It has allowed me to very rapidly write and speak to my Italian friends, something they greatly appreciate. Every word that I've needed has been found in the app. What I appreciate most is that any word can be selected to hear it spoken by a native speaker. What is more, the speed of the speech can be modulated to better hear phonemes that an English speaker might normally miss when an Italian word, phrase, or sentence is spoken at native speed. A superlative app!
Thanks for your excellent review!
Best, Liam, Customer Success Manager
Not a good value for the price
Tapping a word that is a verb, does not take you to the conjugations for that verb. Can not locate gerunds for verbs. Phrases are limited. Very few idiomatic expressions. Limited vocabulary and example sentences. You are better off with Google translator, if you have a network connection. If this were $1.99 USD or less, I would give it 3 or 4 stars. But for $9.99, it’s overpriced. Hate to leave a bad review, but I think there are plenty of other language dictionaries available in the App Store with a wider vocabulary and better examples.
To go to the conjugation of a verb, tap on the Conjugate link at the top-right of a dictionary headword screen.
We are preparing to release version 7.1 which will add thousands of words and example sentences. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with Attention Marc in the subject if you are open to giving us feedback on the upcoming version.
Best, Marc Bolh, CEO & Founder Vidalingua
- Ascendo Inc.
- 43.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ascendo Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.