ENGLISH TO ITALIAN TALKING PHRASEBOOK
Going to Italy? Trying to learn Italian?
Italian Travel Mate is a TALKING PHRASEBOOK application that TRANSLATES ENGLISH WORDS AND PHRASES TO ITALIAN, accurately. So when you use the application, you can be confident that you’re saying the right thing and pronouncing it the right way. No guesswork. No sign language. No confusion. Once you download this application to your iPhone, you’ll have the Italian translation for the most commonly used words and situations at your fingertips.
1. 13 CATEGORIES. This application has various categories such as Food, Banking, Directions, Medical, Everyday Conversation and many more
2. NO INTERNET ACCESS NEEDED. Download the audio recordings and translated text phrases for all the categories when you download the iPhone application, so you won’t end up footing an enormous bill for data roaming charges when traveling abroad in connecting to the internet.
3. NEARLY 500 WORDS OR PHRASES. Choose from commonly used search phrases such as I want to exchange dollars, Take me to the airport, Can you help me etc and translate them to Italian
4. SEARCH ON EVERY SCREEN. Type in your search word or phrase and look up the suggestions offered to find the best one that fits your need
5. GENUINE ITALIAN VOICE, NOT COMPUTER GENERATED. Read the text version as WELL AS PLAY THE MP3 file for the translated phrase in Italian, so you can be sure of pronunciation and meaning. This is not a computer generated voice but recorded by genuine Italian speaking persons.
With this application, you’ll have one less thing to worry about when planning a trip. So, the next time you are in Italy, Vatican or anywhere they speak Italian you will not be lost trying to get a taxi.
Q. I cannot hear the sound?
Ans: To hear the sound ensure your RINGER is ON in other words do not have the phone is silent mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Don't waste your money
You can't just type in a phrase that you want translated. You're stuck with the phrases they have already.
Almost useless - not a deal even for 0.99
This app lists basic phrases you will need in Italy:
My dog is brown
...seriously? You have to scroll through these alphabetically among phrases that might be useful. I sent an email asking for my $ 0.99 back!
Not Ready to Release - Too Many Bugs
I have the latest release and like the addition of the favorites, but the overall functioning of this app is VERY buggy. My wife downloaded the same app on her iPhone and has exactly the same problems. 1st, it stalls for a full 15 sec or more when you open the app. Then when you select a phrase to save to favorites, it presents an OK button to confirm, but stalls and you have to close and reopen the app to start all over again. There are many other instances where the app locks up and stalls. The voice is clear and easy to understand and if it operated as it is described I would give it 5 stars, but as off now it is just a little better than useless. Sorry, about the poor review, but in most businesses if you sold something as defective as this right out of the box as this you'd be out of business in no time not to mention misreprenting the product and ripping off the customer.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.