By Griffin Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTalk Recorder is a full-featured recording app with a streamlined and intuitive user interface. Press the big red button to record; press it again to stop. You can append to existing recordings, choose from three levels of recording quality (11.025, 22.05, or 44.10 kHz sample rates), and manage your recordings, all with just a fingertip.
You can email recordings straight from iTalk. iTalk also supports direct file sharing through iTunes.
Whether you're recording minutes of a meeting, a lecture, or the sounds of birds singing in a meadow far from any electrical outlets, iTalk Recorder puts the sound quality you need in the palm of your hand.
• High-quality handheld recording
• Easy, convenient user interface and controls
• Email your recordings directly from iTalk
• Supports iTunes File Sharing
• Auto-noise cancellation (on iPhone 4)
• Built-in search function to locate recordings by title
• User-selectable Good, Better, Best sound quality (11.025, 22.05, or 44.10 kHz sample rates)
NOTE FOR iOS 7 & 8 Users: When launching this app for the first time (either as a new purchase or following your device's OS upgrade), please tap OK when iTalk requests permission to access your device's microphone. If you're experiencing blank recordings, please ensure Microphone access is enabled. In the app, go to Settings>Privacy>Microphone and enable iTalk.
What's New in Version 4.6.17
This version fixes a bug that would cause the recording timer and "Press to Record" to be overlaid on top of one another.
My favorite live recording app
I've been using this app for years to record concerts and other music performances. Between it and an iPhone you can get pretty decent recordings. I also use it with iRig to record guitar and keyboards. The reason I initially used this app was that it recorded while the phone was locked. You can just put it in a pocket and enjoy a concert or other live performance. Highly recommend but I've also not looked for other apps in quite a while. At least 2 years. However I do use other apps like FourTrack and BeatMaker but this is my quick go to for recording live performances.
GREAT MUSIC RECORDING APP
Kicks arse over the Native sound recording app.
Some dolt pinhead 1-star reviewer asked, "Was this app made in the 80s?"-
What kind of review is that? Actually certain things made in the 80s beat the hell out of things made today.
But as far as THIS app is concerned? If you don't need a way to make quick CLEAR recordings then don't buy it. And the paid version is WORTH IT.
I use this app daily, to record my band practices. Or to record ideas for songs. It's only as good as the iPhone mike. But it records nice and even. Transfers using wifi via iTunes.
If your phone is too close to the drumkit, this WILL distort. Other than that no complaints. 1-star users are STOOPID... And don't know how to use this app.
One thing though- can't find the restore purchase button on the free version of this app.
Not built for playback
I really like this app for recording - it's simple, and does the job. Using it for playback is a frustrating experience.
1. The button to play/pause is too tiny.
2. Anytime you multitask and come back, you've lost your place.
3. BACKGROUND PLAYBACK! I would really like to see this feature added. Then I could play my recordings while driving (while I have a navigation map up) without having to copy it to my computer and add to iTunes and copy back to the iPhone.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 05, 2015
- Version: 4.6.17
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Griffin Technology
- © 2015 Griffin Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- iTalk Premium Upgrade$1.99