By Griffin Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTalk Recorder is a full-featured recording app with a streamlined and intuitive user interface. Press the big red button to record; press it again to stop. You can append to existing recordings, choose from three levels of recording quality (11.025, 22.05, or 44.10 kHz sample rates), and manage your recordings, all with just a fingertip.
You can email recordings straight from iTalk. iTalk also supports direct file sharing through iTunes.
Whether you're recording minutes of a meeting, a lecture, or the sounds of birds singing in a meadow far from any electrical outlets, iTalk Recorder puts the sound quality you need in the palm of your hand.
• High-quality handheld recording
• Easy, convenient user interface and controls
• Email your recordings directly from iTalk
• Supports iTunes File Sharing
• Auto-noise cancellation (on iPhone 4)
• Built-in search function to locate recordings by title
• User-selectable Good, Better, Best sound quality (11.025, 22.05, or 44.10 kHz sample rates)
NOTE FOR iOS 7 Users: When launching this app for the first time (either as a new purchase or following your device's OS upgrade), please tap OK when iTalk requests permission to access your device's microphone. If you're experiencing blank recordings, please ensure Microphone access is enabled. In the app, go to Settings>Privacy>Microphone and enable iTalk.
What's New in Version 4.6.7
• Added support for Bluetooth headsets
• Background recording is now a free feature!
Crashes more than it did in the past
I use this app weekly. On the recording side of things, this works very well. However, ever since I've updated it, it's been crashing frequently when I try to play back my recordings. A little frustrating especially when the recordings are long.
Needs some work!
Only records while phone is awake. As soon as it auto locks, it stops recording. The same goes when you're playing a recording back. You can turn off the auto lock, but that drains your battery. Also, sound quality varies. Sometimes it sounds fine, other times you can barely make out what you recorded.
I can email my recording
Italk app, no doubt!
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 17, 2013
- Version: 4.6.7
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Griffin Technology
- © 2011 Griffin Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- iTalk Premium Upgrade$1.99