"iTalmud takes the crown." - Jerusalem Post
"Perhaps the best Jewish iPhone app on the market" - The Jewish Week
● HD VILNA PRINT - the brand new "tzuras hadaf" allows for infinite zoom without losing any quality. All daf images are contained with the app without downloading and can even be viewed offline.
Search results appear highlighted on the daf itself. Tap and hold on any word to launch the optional Talmudic Dictionary.
● ENGLISH TRANSLATION & SEARCH - A complete, searchable translation with thousands of footnotes, references and insights.
● AUDIO LECTURES - Daf Yomi lectures are fully integrated and 100% free. Choose from a selection of popular speakers (maggidei shiur) in a variety of languages, styles & skill levels. You can listen to a shiur/lecture on any daf and follow along inside with the text or image page view, even when offline!
● PRINT & SHARE - Print or email almost any content from the app. Ideal for Shabbos learning! (Printing requires an AirPrint compatible printer)
● COMMENTARIES - Original page formatting includes all the classic commentaries. The text view includes an option to view commentaries of both Rashi & Tosfos in a secondary window.
● ENGLISH & HEBREW KEYWORD SEARCH - iTalmud features a text search for the entire Talmud. You can then view the page in either a text or image-based format.
● OFFLINE DOWNLOAD MANGER - Due to the large size of the Talmud images and audio lectures, all pages are downloadable on demand and then stored locally your device. You can download by daf/page or by masechta. (Please note that at this stage about 3% of images are still unavailable).
● BOOKMARKS - Create bookmarks so that you can easily return to the page you were studying at a later time.
● “DAF YOMI” CALCULATOR – Integrated “Daf Yomi” calculator allows you to jump to the day’s “Daf” with a single touch.
● NAVIGATION – Browse by Seder (Order), Masechta (Tractate), By Chapter and/or jump to any page (daf) in the entire Talmud in an instant. You can easily flip from one page to the next with a single touch.
NEW! Page flipping - now you can also use your finger to flip between pages!
● BIBLICAL REFERENCES - available as an "Extra" module through In-App Purchase. Tap on any verse/pasuk reference within the Hebrew Talmud text and view the full Tanach/Bible text with an English translation or the choice of the most popular classical commentaries such as Rashi, Ramban, and others.
● TALMUDIC DICTIONARY - available as an "Extra" module through In-App Purchase. Tap on any keyword to jump to the relevant page of the integrated, Jastrow-based dictionary.
● Notes - available as an "Extra" module through In-App Purchase. Add your own notes and view other users comments, questions and insights.
- Fixed bugs
- Lots of other improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The people behind this app have informed me that they no longer provide support for this application.
Chapters are already becoming non functional and it’s only going to get worse.
Do not buy.
can't understand english translation
the actual gemara is nice to have on your phone and english is ok for some translation but no way you can read english translation in order to get real understanding from it alone and daf yomi shiur on daf is probably not the type you can hear for an hour staight
I love this app
I've never had access to the Talmud before. This app shows how important the Talmud is to understanding Judaism and Jewish history. I love this app.
Update: I submitted this review a few months ago but just want to update it to say how much I love this app.
I'm sure it has programming and translation issues, but it's the only cheap, practical way that I know if for a secular, non-Aramaic speaking layperson to read the Talmud on the subway. Just start on page 1 and read it as if it were spy transcripts of ancient people's conversations. There's a lot of very technical stuff about prayers in the beginning, but then you get stuff about ghosts and how ancient people in Iraq ate their meals, and how ancient people avoided bad breath. This is, basically, a Usenet archive for King Arthur's contemporaries. Someone needs to come up with a good brachoh to give thanks for the availability of this app.
- Maplewoods Associates Ltd
- 521.9 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Crowded Road
- In-App Purchases
- Talmudic Dictionary $4.99
- Biblical תנ”ך Reference $4.99
- Daf Yomi Reminders $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.