The Unofficial Guide to the Vatican Museums
“Do not go to the Vatican's museums without seeing this app before.” – Manuel Seda
“We used this app for the Sistine chapel. With the dramatic music and close up pics to enhance the narrative, I was moved to tears hearing about the history and meaning of each art piece” – Dghbxruojj
“Simply the best app for the Vatican Museums. There might even be another app more complete, but not as good as this one. Its breathtaking!!!“ – V.M.N.A
“It is absolutely worth paying for. Better than an audio guide, because you have text and pictures as well! I loved it! One of the best apps I have ever had.” – Jeroandris
• Image Recognition for artworks (like Shazam!)
• Points of Interest with GPS coordinates for Apple Maps
• 120 minutes of storytelling in high quality audio
• Earphones functions: Play/Pause, Rew, FF, Tap for texts
• Background audio playback
• No internet required for audio playback and image recognition
• Search engine for artwork or artists.
• Suggested route video
• Keep track: save your favorites artworks
Image recognition for museums
Download the Unofficial guide to the Vatican Museums App, launch it by tapping on "Scan" and frame the artwork as if you wanted to take a photo. The artwork is immediately recognized, just like magic, without the need for an internet connection.
Photos, audios and videos
ItalyGuides.it reinvented audio-guides, giving them the feel of “Cinema” with movie-style music and narration by American voice actors dramatically enhancing the storytelling process.
The most important artworks allows visitors to be involved by listening to audio guides and a photo gallery to comment on the artwork.
ItalyGuides.it website has received considerable recognition and international awards during recent years and has been featured in several magazines and TV shows such as:
- The Oprah Winfrey Show
- BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)
- UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)
- Venice department of the Italian Ministry for Cultural Heritage
- RAI (Italian public Television)
- RSI (Swiss public Television)
- Winner of SMAU Mob App Award 2012
- El Pais
- El Mundo
For more information: www.ItalyGuides.it
Improved the contents download system.
Available in English, Italian, French and Portuguese language
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t waste your money
I’ve tried the picture recognition on dozens of pictures in the museum. None was recognized by the app. Total disappointment.
If you're going, get this app!
Came back from visiting the Vatican Museum and was glad we got this app. The quality and production are really great. We also listened to Rick Steve's and a friend rented the museum audio tour. The museum audio tour is way more comprehensive and can give you details on almost every exhibit which can be a bit tiring.
This app, however, provides a very good highlight tour and multimedia guide. What I really enjoyed is the photo galleries. One of the Raphael's room was under renovations so seeing the pictures allowed us to see what it should look like. Also in the Sistine Chappel it was great also to view the photos (wish you could zoom though) on the iphone which allowed you see more details that were difficult to see. Also the photos followed the audio and will guide you to where you should focus - such as where is that self-portrait in the room.
Overall well worth the investment, and actually cheaper than the museum guide and you can't bring that back home :)
excellent basic tour
As an art history teacher who has done 8 trips through the Vatican with and without students , this is a great introduction to the basic Vatican museums . I would like to see the gallery photos expanded that you see by turning the device sideways , and wish all the numbers were video over voiced. I would love other museums and parts of the Vatican covered and st. Pete's , Fran Angelico's , St. Nicholas chapel, and the other museums , like the carriage museum covered as an add on to the one day tour shone . Also more info hot spots and perhaps a chronology of the Popes. thanks for a great education tool and an enjoyable afternoon re- living the Vatican tour with my daughter . I am giving this to my new chaperone as an intro.
- ComPart Multimedia srl
- 64 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © ComPart Multimedia srl
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.