iTeleport: VNC & RDP
By iTeleport Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Access other computers from your Mac.
iTeleport is the most fully featured, easy to use and robust remote desk top app that supports Mac, Windows PC, Linux and all VNC servers from your home, office or anywhere in the world
+ Enjoy blazing fast connections to your Mac (OS X 10.7+) with our most recent update!
+ iTeleport gives you full control of your computer's mouse, touchpad and keyboard, and provides a rich visual display of your computer screens, without any screen resolution limit. All communication is encrypted when using iTeleport Connect on your remote computer
+ Connect to 1, 5 or 20 computers – iTeleport gives you UNLIMITED access
+ Easy Mac, Windows PC and Linux set up for VNC
+ 24/7 Customer Support
"The best remote desktop access app I've used." *****
"I maintain a dozen computers belonging to family and friends with this app and it works great*****
"I've used most of the remote control apps on IOS, and iTeleport is always the one I keep coming back to" *****
* Control any application on your Mac or Windows PC from anywhere in the world
* Optionally use the free iTeleport Connect app to automatically configure your remote computer (download from www.iTeleportMobile.com/connect)
* Use multi-touch gestures to zoom, pan, and scroll
* Access the files on your computer from anywhere
* If you're a parent, watch over your child's online behavior to make sure they're safe
* Help your friends, family or customers by providing remote computer support
* Supports Mac (Lion, Snow Leopard, Leopard, Tiger, Vine Server) and all Windows editions (with free VNC servers: TightVNC, UltraVNC, and RealVNC). Also supports Linux VNCServer and Vino, as well as AMX Touchscreen Interfaces.
* Supports multiple monitors on Windows and Mac (including Lion) with Mac authentication
* Wake-on-LAN support allows you to wake computers from sleep under some conditions. For details, see www.iTeleportMobile.com/support/wake
* SSH Encryption support for all platforms. For details, visit www.iTeleportMobile.com/support/secure
You can even use iTeleport when you don't have an Internet connection, and want to control another local computer over WiFi.
iTeleport now and get connected!
Visit www.iTeleportMobile.com for setup instructions and usage tips.
If you experience ANY problem with the app, PLEASE contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to resolve the issue and will fix it as soon as possible. Thanks! We TRULY appreciate your support.
The iTeleport Team
What's New in Version 6.1.8
- Significant performance improvements for VNC connections to Mac OS X 10.7+.
- Performance and stability improvements for RDP connections
- Minor bug fixes
Worked well in the beginning, now slow, buggy, crashes
My original review is below. Since then, iTeleport, and iTeleport connect, no longer login properly. Even after a complete system restore, and system and app updates. I can’t get them working like they once did. Nothing else on my system has problems except these 2 apps.
I have used and loved iTeleport on the iphone/ipad for years, and I purchased this desktop app based on my pleasant experience with the mobile apps. I was fooled. There's nothing unique here. I'd say the ONLY it has going for it is the universal google login to bypass firewalls, which is nice, but hardly worth $50. I'd give the app 4 stars if it were $10. I'm giving it 2 based on what you get for the price.
This hurts me to say….
I was 100% convinced “it was me”. But after giving “it” some time I have concluded that iTeleport is “JUST NOT THAT INTO ME.” Breaks my heart, but what was once THE GO TO connecting port to my computer(s) is now PAINFUL to even launch. I have been a lonnnnnnnng time user of Jaduu aka iTeleport and was a larger supporter to anyone and everyone who’d ask for my two cents or who would simply litsten to me boast. I can’t put my finger on WTH has gone wrong, because quite frankly, no one seems to care. The NEW update has KILLED any and all functionality IMHO that set this app apart from tanything that was/is out there for VNC & RDP Remote Desk Top use. I still have HOPE….but then again, that doesn’t get the job done.
iTeleport: Beam Me Up Scotty!
I really wanted to like this program, but it's just way too much of a hack.
Firstly the advised way of using the program requires you to be logged into a gmail account, which assumes that everybody has one.
But even getting past that the interface is terrible: You need two applications, one for your exteneral computer to login (which must run all of the time) and then another to login into an external computer. If you have two monitors you have to pan in and out of your view, and performance is slow and painful.
How painful? Well I've nicknamed this program "old unreliable". You can login externally one minute, and not the next. The screen will freeze up. Or you may forget to leave their client running on the machine you want to login to and thus you're out of luck.