iThoughts is a mindmapping tool for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch (Mac and Windows versions also available.)
Mindmapping enables you to visually organise your thoughts, ideas and information.
Not sure if iThoughts is right for you? Try the free iThoughts2go app first.
• Task lists.
• Project planning.
• Goal setting.
• Course Notes/Revision.
• Meeting Notes.
Import and export to and from many of the most popular desktop application formats:
• OPML (OmniOutliner, Scrivener etc.)
• Excel/Numbers (CSV)
• Plain/rich text
• ...plus import only support for CMAP, Scapple, Mindmeister, Mindnode, Mindmapper, SimpleMind and MyThoughts
• MS Powerpoint/Keynote (PPTX)
• MS Word/Pages (DOCX)
• MS Project (XML)
• Website (HTML + attachments)
• Flashcard (Quizlet.com / Cram.com)
• Things (Task Management App)
• iCloud Calendar/Reminders
• Integrates with Files app (to enable iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive access)
• Drag and Drop
• Multitasking (side by side windows)
• Spotlight Search
• Handoff (start editing a map on one device - finish up on another)
• Send and open email attachements
• Share (Twitter, Facebook and other apps e.g. GoodReader, Keynote, Pages etc.)
• Cut/Copy/Paste within and between maps and other apps (e.g. Mail, Safari and Notes etc.)
• Upload and download community generated maps from Biggerplate
Flexible Topic Attributes:
• Colour / Shape
• Images / Icons
• Rich text (using Markdown)
• Hyperlinks (websites, other maps, other topics)
• Callouts / Floating topics
• Named relationships between topics
• Style support (predefined collections of colors, fonts, shapes etc.)
• Assign start/due date, effort, progress, priority and resources
• Email task reports (by project, by resource)
Advanced Mindmap Features:
• Multiple layouts (horizontal, vertical, fishbone etc.)
• Multiple link styles (curved, tapered, right angled etc.)
• Embedded documents (PDF, XLS, DOC etc)
• Over 100 builtin icons and 90 clipart images.
• Over 30 background canvas patterns (with option to import more.)
• 10 system 'Map Styles' (with option to import more.)
• Doodle (finger drawing)
• Multiple topic selection
• Search (map names, topics, notes, links) across all maps.
• Filter (modified time etc)
• External bluetooth keyboard support.
• External Projector support (in addition to mirroring)
• Rule based sorting - including option to sort continuously
• Encrypted, password protected maps (integrated with TouchID and FaceID)
• Outline View
Please visit the website for more information, screenshots and videos.
• Use the iOS Files app to open/create maps
• Haptic feedback
• Choose document attachment from context menu
• Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Just the best
iThoughts is the all-singing, all-dancing mind-mapping software for iOS. It has a ton of awesome features, is in active development, and does just about anything you might want it to—and if it doesn't, the developer probably has it on his list of features to add. I've been using it for years, and have no major complaints. I especially love the easy syncing and compatibility with various desktop apps—including the excellent iThoughts app for Mac and PC.
I'm not going to list the features I would like, because they're all under consideration by the developer—he'll get to them when he can. The one small gripe I have is with the interface. Don't get me wrong—the basic interface is just fine, attractive and functional. It's just that this thing has so many features, he's run out of places to put them. I feel like a better job could be done somehow, though I'm not quite sure how. Perhaps he should hire an interface expert—is Tog available?
Very good, potential to be Superb!
I have been using this app as my go to mind mapping tool, but there's only one reason I keep looking to see if anyone else can come up with that one outstanding feature that would make it perfect for the iPad Pro ... the ability to handwrite using Pencil instead of having to type the node contents. I made this suggestion to the developer over a year ago, nothing yet.
The app that comes closest to providing this capability is IdeaBoost, but it lacks the mapping structure of mind maps. Someone else made a similar suggestion to the developers at SimpleMind and it appears they may be working on it. It's surprising no one has come up with this feature yet to leverage the iPad Pro with Pencil. MindManager had this capability available nearly 15 years ago on the Windows platform, way back when we called them Slates.
Hope to see this feature soon, so I can rate it a superb 5++
Awesome, but could use a few tweaks
I love the features on this mindmapping software/app. First I love that I can view it on my iPad or iPhone and it also syncs with my computer (although that is a separate expense which is high in my opinion). Secondly it is user friendly. I have also used XMind recently and that is not nearly as user friendly as this app is. Also XMind’s help files are not nearly as helpful. I do wish there were more formatting options like icons - xmind has more of them. Flags, emojis, task progress, stars, people, arrows, symbols, and months/weeks, priorities (numbers) that are all very colorful (being able to choose the colors of the icons would be great also - xmind can’t do that). In addition on the Mac it is easier to navigate XMind with a tab for children topics (sub-topics) and enter for sibling topics. I wish that were the case with iThoughts software.
- toketaWare ltd
- 59.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © toketaWare 2015
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.