Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iThoughts is a mindmapping tool for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch (Mac and Windows version also available.)
Mindmapping enables you to visually organise your thoughts, ideas and information.
Not sure if iThoughts is right for you? Try the free iThoughts2go app first.
• Task lists.
• Project planning.
• Goal setting.
• Course Notes/Revision.
• Meeting Notes.
Import and export to and from many of the most popular desktop application formats:
• OPML (OmniOutliner, Scrivener etc.)
• Excel/Numbers (CSV)
• Plain/rich text
• ...plus import only support for CMAP, Scapple, Mindnode, Mindmapper and MyThoughts
• MS Powerpoint/Keynote (PPTX)
• MS Word/Pages (DOCX)
• MS Project (XML)
• Website (HTML + attachments)
• Flashcard (Quizlet.com / Cram.com)
• Cloud synchronisation with iCloud, Dropbox and WebDAV
• Multitasking (side by side windows)
• Spotlight Search
• Hand off (start editing a map on one device - finish up on another)
• Send and open email attachements
• Share (Twitter, Facebook and other apps e.g. GoodReader, Keynote, Pages etc.)
• Cut/Copy/Paste within and between maps and other apps (e.g. Mail, Safari and Notes etc.)
• Upload and download community generated maps from Biggerplate
Flexible Topic Attributes:
• Colour / Shape
• Images / Icons
• Rich text (fonts, colors etc.)
• Hyperlinks (websites, other maps, other topics)
• Callouts / Floating topics
• Named relationships between topics
• Style support (predefined collections of colors, fonts, shapes etc.)
• Assign start/due date, effort, progress, priority and resources
• Email task reports (by project, by resource)
Advanced Mindmap Features:
• Multiple layouts (horizontal, vertical, fishbone etc.)
• Multiple link styles (curved, tapered, right angled etc.)
• Embedded documents (PDF, XLS, DOC etc)
• Over 100 builtin icons, 90 clipart images and 35 background canvas patterns.
• 10 system 'Map Styles'.
• Doodle (finger drawing)
• Multiple topic selection
• Search (map names, topics, notes, links) across all maps.
• Filter (modified time etc)
• External bluetooth keyboard support.
• External Projector support (in addition to mirroring)
• Rule based sorting - including option to sort continuously
Please visit the website for more information, screenshots and videos.
What's New in Version 4.8
• Compressed Layout Option (see more on one screen)
• Cost field in Task Settings (with rollup option)
• 'Clip to iThoughts' info now added to clipboard (in addition to Quick Thoughts map)
• Markdown attributes now toggle (CMB+B etc)
• External keyboard shortcuts for editing cost/effort quickly (c and e)
• Strip whitespace from topics when copy/pasting
• Launching iOS app (iPhone) with URL and the map fails to open when the app is first launched.
• Bullet point layout issue
• Paste image onto topic which already has a link - the link will be removed.
• CMD U comes in as strikethru on iOS
Cool, but frustrating
I chose this app because they had a limited free version I could try and I was able to turn things into tasks. But...the app is very complicated and the help is not terribly helpful. Example, I am trying to create a many to one relationship. Help refers to a "summary" relationship and "uncle to nephews" but these are not found on any toolbar that I can access in the app. I have become so frustrated that I can't manage to nicely ask the developer to explain what they mean. Good effort, but not very easy to figure out. Make sure you have the patients to figure out everything in iThoughts2go before you spend your money on this app.
Great mind-mapping app
I use this app more and more for just about everything and its uses are almost limitless. The developer is very responsive to input from users and it is being supported (not true for more and more apps we've come to depend on). It's not the easiest to learn, I must say, but you need to stick with it. There are things in the 'style settings' when you get down to levels 0 through 9 that I haven't even figured out how to use, yet. Help menus are very good, though. This app is well worth the effort to master it.
Powerful concept mapping
Actively maintained and in my experience, very fast responses from the developer. To me this is the "Swiss Army knife" of mind mapping software, and is incredibly useful and adaptive to about every need. Does take require some learning, and has an interface "look" that might be a little dated now. I tend to rely on it for very complex projects that require lots of research and annotations, like book chapter outlines.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 19, 2017
- Version: 4.8
- Size: 56.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: toketaWare ltd
- © toketaWare 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.