Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iThoughts is a mindmapping tool for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch (Mac version also available.)
Mindmapping enables you to visually organise your thoughts, ideas and information.
Not sure if iThoughts is right for you? Try the free iThoughts2go app first.
• Task lists.
• Project planning.
• Goal setting.
• Course Notes/Revision.
• Meeting Notes.
Import and export to and from many of the most popular desktop application formats:
• OPML (OmniOutliner, Scrivener etc.)
• Excel/Numbers (CSV)
• Plain/rich text
• ...plus import only support for CMAP, Scapple, Mindnode, Mindmapper and MyThoughts
• MS Powerpoint/Keynote (PPTX)
• MS Word/Pages (DOCX)
• MS Project (XML)
• Website (HTML + attachments)
• Cloud synchronisation with iCloud, Dropbox and WebDAV
• Multitasking (side by side windows)
• Spotlight Search
• Hand off (start editing a map on one device - finish up on another)
• Send and open email attachements
• Share (Twitter, Facebook and other apps e.g. GoodReader, Keynote, Pages etc.)
• Cut/Copy/Paste within and between maps and other apps (e.g. Mail, Safari and Notes etc.)
• Upload and download community generated maps from Biggerplate
Flexible Topic Attributes:
• Colour / Shape
• Images / Icons
• Rich text (fonts, colors etc.)
• Hyperlinks (websites, other maps, other topics)
• Callouts / Floating topics
• Named relationships between topics
• Style support (predefined collections of colors, fonts, shapes etc.)
• Assign start/due date, effort, progress, priority and resources
• Email task reports (by project, by resource)
Advanced Mindmap Features:
• Multiple layouts (horizontal, vertical, fishbone etc.)
• Multiple link styles (curved, tapered, right angled etc.)
• Embedded documents (PDF, XLS, DOC etc)
• Over 100 builtin icons, 90 clipart images and 35 background canvas patterns.
• 10 system 'Map Styles'.
• Doodle (finger drawing)
• Multiple topic selection
• Search (map names, topics, notes, links) across all maps.
• Filter (modified time etc)
• External bluetooth keyboard support.
• External Projector support (in addition to mirroring)
• Rule based sorting - including option to sort continuously
Please visit the website for more information, screenshots and videos.
What's New in Version 4.4
IMPORTANT: This update (v4) uses a new file format (itmz) which cannot be opened by previous versions of the app. You will need to download the v4 app onto all your devices in order to open maps created or edited by this app.
• None in this release
• Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Developer just ruined the app!!
I own iThoughts for iOS and MacOS, but I have officially trashed them today. This developer has made the remarkably idiotic decision to turn the editing of every text field into markdown rather than the rich text we've gotten used to. What the heck for?! Who uses markdown anyway? Stop ten app users on the street and ask them if they use markdown... I guarantee you you'll be lucky to find 1 out of 10 average people who use it, or who even know what it is. And yet this developer has suddenly gotten the wild hair to totally transform this once useful app into 100% markdown mode. Honestly, it's one of the dumbest blunders I've ever witnessed in the app world.
Now every freakin' time we edit a topic or a note that has bold, italics, bullets, etc., we have to manually move the cursor around all the stupid markdown stuff. Highlight some text and hit Cmd-B to make it bold... now instead of seeing bold text, there are two distracting asterisks added to the beginning and end of the text! What??!! How ridiculous! Productivity has come to a grinding halt because of this. What used to be a silky smooth mind mapping process now feels like walking through quicksand.
I hope he either comes to his senses and corrects this very soon, or he loses every customer he has. You don't pull the rug out from under your loyal customers like that, especially not after we've forked over the kind of money he's charging for the Mac version. Wake up man!!
It crush all the time, very frustrating
I really love this app. It helps to organize my thoughts. But it crush all the time. Please fix it
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 06, 2017
- Version: 4.4
- Size: 55.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Seller: toketaWare ltd
- © toketaWare 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.