Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
[iThoughts] is among the best we’ve ever tested - Macworld.com
iThoughtsHD is a mind mapping tool for the iPad. If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch then please check out iThoughts.
Use a Mac? Click on the 'Developer Website' link and take a look at iThoughtsX.
Mindmapping enables you to visually organise your thoughts, ideas and information.
• Task lists.
• Project planning.
• Goal setting.
• Course Notes/Revision.
• Meeting Notes.
• Import and export to and from many of the most popular desktop applications:
• ConceptDraw MINDMAP
• OPML (OmniOutliner, Scrivener etc.)
• Excel/Numbers/Outlook/ToodleDo (CSV)
Please see the website for details of supported versions.
• Export to:
• Powerpoint/Keynote (PPTX)
• Word/Pages (DOCX)
• PNG + HTML
• Plays nicely with other services:
• Cloud synchronisation with Dropbox/Box/WebDAV
• Send and open email attachements
• Share (Twitter, Facebook and other apps e.g. GoodReader, Keynote, Pages etc.)
• Cut/Copy/Paste within and between maps and other apps (e.g. Mail, Safari and Notes etc.)
• Download community generated maps from Biggerplate
• Flexible Topic Attributes
• Colour / Shape
• Images / Icons
• Callout / Floating
• Named relationships between topics.
• Task Management:
• Assign start/due date, effort, progress and resources
• Create email task reports (by project, by resource)
• Export tasks to Outlook and ToodleDo (CSV)
• Hide completed tasks
• Advanced Mindmap Features:
• Doodle (finger drawing)
• Search (map names, topics, notes, links) across all maps.
• Passcode Protection / Readonly
• Multiple layouts (horizontal, vertical, fishbone etc.)
• Multiple link styles (curved, tapered, right angled etc.)
• Embedded documents (PDF, XLS, DOC etc)
• Keyboard shortcuts and TextExpander integration for fast brainstorming.
• 90 builtin icons, 46 clipart images and 30 background canvas patterns.
• Connect to an external projector (VGA output)
Please visit the website for more information, screenshots and videos.
What's New in Version 4.19
Version 4.19 includes the following:
• TWEAK: New option to use plain text outline in emails
• FIX: Cloud sync issue with airplane mode.
• FIX: Colour picker fix for iOS7
The Most Useful and Intuitive Mindmap App I have ever used on iPad
This app is incredible in its capabilities, potential, and intuitive nature. The research features included within the app are worth the price you pay. Not to mention that, after a short introduction on how to use the software, it is incredibly user friendly and perhaps the best mindmap app I have ever used (and I have used 25+ different mindmapping apps, both desktop based and iPad based). The developer's website includes a 6 minute video that will get you up to speed on how to use the app.
The research feature allows you to research from the web and insert items of research directly back into your mindmap!
The ability to export into several other mindmapping softwares and into word and pages formats, etc., is so incredibly useful!
Also, a very handy search feature that allows you to search your mindmaps and notes within mindmaps for specific words and phrases. Very, very useful feature.
Incredible mindmapping app. Worth every penny and then some.
Wonderful interface for the iPad! Building up speed is essential. Practice a bit, and you can match your previous speed on a desktop. Export to freemind is flawless.
Update: iThoughts is very stable and inspiring to use. Recent additions of the extended keyboard and new search capability (in app purchase) are really appreciated. I use the export text and PDF all the time to share. And, just found out that iThoughts works great with a Bluetooth keyboard if needed for faster notes or brainstorming.
Research: What a fun addition! Browser is very stable and cross-functionality with images, links, and topics is great! Once again, this is multiplying my efforts, saving time, and motivating my creative side.
After you get started, don't forget to review the help. You'll learn about some wonderful nuggets (like adding notes and triple return) you might not find on your own. There is a lot here!
THE Mind Mapping app for iPad
I use iThoughtsHD for study outlines, project management, to-do lists, presentation preparation and other tasks. It has great features and continues to improve over time. I have other mind mapping apps, but I keep using this one because it works so well. Love the ability to back up everything & synchronize. That's why it is THE mind mapping app for the iPad. New features keep coming.