Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iThoughtsX is a mind mapping app for the Mac. It is based upon and fully compatible with iThoughts for iOS. Windows version now available too.
Mindmapping enables you to visually organise your thoughts, ideas and information.
• Task lists.
• Project planning.
• Goal setting.
• Course Notes/Revision.
• Meeting Notes.
Import and export to and from many of the most popular desktop application formats:
• OPML (OmniOutliner, Scrivener etc.)
• Excel/Numbers/Outlook/ToodleDo (CSV)
• Plain/rich text
• ...plus import only support for Mindnode, Mindmapper and MyThoughts
• MS Powerpoint/Keynote (PPTX)
• MS Word/Pages (DOCX)
• MS Project (XML)
• Website (HTML + attachments)
• Cloud synchronisation with iCloud, Dropbox and WebDAV
• Handoff (start editing a map on one device - finish up on another)
• Send and open email attachements
• Cut/Copy/Paste within and between maps and other apps (e.g. Mail, Safari and Notes etc.)
• Upload and download community generated maps from Biggerplate
Flexible Topic Attributes:
• Colour / Shape
• Images / Icons
• Rich text (using Markdown)
• Hyperlinks (websites, other maps, other topics)
• Callouts / Floating topics
• Named relationships between topics
• Style support (predefined collections of colors, fonts, shapes etc.)
• Assign start/due date, effort, progress, priority and resources
• Email task reports (by project, by resource)
Advanced Mindmap Features:
• Multiple layouts (horizontal, vertical, fishbone etc.)
• Multiple link styles (curved, tapered, right angled etc.)
• Embedded documents (PDF, XLS, DOC etc)
• Over 100 builtin icons, 90 clipart images and 35 background canvas patterns.
• 10 system 'Map Styles'.
• Rules based filtering engine.
• Presentation mode.
• Rule based sorting - including option to sort continuously
First class macOS integration:
• Retina support
• Versions support
• Fullscreen support
• Spotlight integration
• Quicklook support
• Pinch to zoom
Please visit the website for more information, screenshots and videos.
What's New in Version 4.9
• Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Best Mind Mapping for macOS
Migrated from the other popular mind mapping program because I outgrew it. I needed more flexibility and control over my mind maping.
- Took about an hour to get used to all the new shortcuts and differences.
~ Does everything my other program did but better:
** Imports a slew of other files that other program didn't and plays MUCH better with OPML file format and Marked 2 ** This is huge since I use my mind maps with OmniOutliner and Marked.
- Border a group of nodes
- ‘floating topics’
- ‘summery links’ mutiple links from child nodes to one grandchild node.
- The list goes on…
- Also if you have a ForceTouchpad (new Macbook) it lets you ‘feel’ when you aligned a node just right. Complete control over every aspect of Node linking, design, placement,...
Cons: The UI is not as polished and it doesn’t have that pretty Mac feel to it. Would love to have a ‘dark mode’ to match the rest of the programs in my planning and noting arsenal. Overall, the UI polishing is a VERY small sacrifice to pay for such a powerhouse of a program.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 01, 2017
- Version: 4.9
- Size: 30.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: toketaWare ltd
- © 2016 toketaWare Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor