iThoughtsX is a mindmapping tool for the Mac (iOS and Windows versions also available.)
Mindmapping enables you to visually organise your thoughts, ideas and information.
• Task lists.
• Project planning.
• Goal setting.
• Course Notes/Revision.
• Meeting Notes.
Import and export to and from many of the most popular desktop application formats:
• OPML (OmniOutliner, Scrivener etc.)
• Excel/Numbers/Outlook/ToodleDo (CSV)
• Plain/rich text
• ...plus import only support for CMAP, Scapple, Mindmeister, Mindnode, Mindmapper, SimpleMind and MyThoughts
• MS Powerpoint/Keynote (PPTX)
• MS Word/Pages (DOCX)
• MS Project (XML)
• Website (HTML + attachments)
• Flashcard (Quizlet.com / Cram.com)
• Things (Task Management App)
• iCloud Calendar/Reminders
• Cloud synchronisation with iCloud, Dropbox and WebDAV
• Handoff (start editing a map on one device - finish up on another)
• Send and open email attachements
• Cut/Copy/Paste within and between maps and other apps (e.g. Mail, Safari and Notes etc.)
• Upload and download community generated maps from Biggerplate
Flexible Topic Attributes:
• Colour / Shape
• Images / Icons
• Rich text (using Markdown)
• Hyperlinks (websites, other maps, other topics)
• Callouts / Floating topics
• Named relationships between topics
• Style support (predefined collections of colors, fonts, shapes etc.)
• Assign start/due date, effort, progress, priority and resources
• Email task reports (by project, by resource)
Advanced Mindmap Features:
• Multiple layouts (horizontal, vertical, fishbone etc.)
• Multiple link styles (curved, tapered, right angled etc.)
• Embedded documents (PDF, XLS, DOC etc)
• Over 100 builtin icons and 90 clipart images.
• Over 30 background canvas patterns (with option to import more.)
• 10 system 'Map Styles' (with option to import more.)
• Rules based filtering engine.
• Presentation mode.
• Rule based sorting - including option to sort continuously
• Encrypted, password protected maps.
• Outline View
• Search (map names, topics, notes, links) across all maps.
First class macOS integration:
• Retina support
• Versions support
• Fullscreen support
• Spotlight integration
• Quicklook support
• Pinch to zoom
• Dark Mode support
Please visit the website for more information, screenshots and videos.
• Hand drawn effect
• Balanced layout
• 5 new canvas patterns
• 3 new styles
• Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Now meets all my needs.
My review (below) was addressed very quickly by the developer. The developer pointed out the needed formatting shortcuts to generate the kind of detail that I need. Now I am extremely happy with the product!
My old review:
Like many others I migrated to iThoughts from other mind mapping tools. I only rated it 4 stars because it needs one feature to be great — that is richer formatting in notes attached to topics. I find that some lists and such are just easier to work with in formatted notes than in topics themselves. Just the basics: lists with both bullets and numbers. Multi-level lists, bolding, underscore…the sort of formatting you see in basic text editors.
Don’t get me wrong, I use iThoughts almost daily and really like the application and often recommend it to others. But the lack of richer formatting in notes limits how useful it is for me.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. You can have more rich text formatting in notes (and topics) - but you need to use Markdown formatting. Email me direct and I can point you at the relevant information.
Beautiful easy to use productivity enhancing app
iThoughts is one of my must-have apps on the Mac to organize thoughts, plan prodcution activities, summarize research studies, catalog data, etc.
The interface is very easy to get used to and the capability it provides to link to files, drag and drop content onto shapes, and then rearrange, and copy and paste are great productivity enhancers. The output formats are also quite rich and work well to allow sharing with colleagues in a variety of formats.
Although, I purchased the iThoughts apps in 2014, after looking for an “Agile” type project manager, I discovered the task features with rollup in iThoughtsX and wow, once again iThoughts proves to be an indespensible app in my toolset today. Well done toketaware.
- toketaWare ltd
- 30.8 MB
- OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 toketaWare Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.