By Silicon Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your iPhone / iPod touch is not a toy !
iTM turns it into a hi tech midi controller for your DAW or VJ tool
Networked computer running iTouchMidi OSX / WIN required
available from device or download from www.itouchmidi.com
Compatible with OSX 10.4/10.5 & WIN XP/VISTA 32/64
iTM MidiLab is our free showroom,
Where we let you test drive some of our new controllers using innovative touch screen interfaces and the device accelerometers
We strongly recommend iTM MidiLab to test iTouchMidi operation on your system and network before compromising on the full featured paid versions
Current iTM MidiLab Features:
4X4 Button Matrix with Midi Feedback
Tip for Ableton Live users:
Use it as clip launcher and it will show wich clips are playing ;
Midi keyboard (C-2 -> C8) with pitchbend
XY Pad, sending CC 18 on horizontal axis & CC 19 on vertical axis
iTM MidiLab features limited versions of our full releases,
those dedicated apps have been further improved while MidiLab will always have limited versions off them or even completely different interfaces preview !
Like we mentioned before, a dynamic showroom...
Watch out for other iTM releases !
Coming soon :)
Also by Silicon Studios:
use you iPhone / iPod touch to control any mac application
iDownload your stuff now !
What's New in Version 1.2.5
Updated bundled iTouchMidi OSX server app to 1.4.5,
Added shake to change user interface ;),
Several internal improvements
Great Idea Needs Improvement
I use this App with Ableton Live. It works okay. There is some latency. It does periodically drop the network. The documentation is weak, which is bad because this makes configuring the App difficult given its non-intuitive interface. Who knew you had to shake it to change screens? I bought one of the full price companion Apps, ITM Matrix and I am very disappointed. It only does one thing, give you a 4x4 matrix, which also has latency issues and drops the network occasionally. The real problem I have with these Apps is that I only have one iPhone. This means I can only run one of the stand alone, full priced Apps at a time, unless I go buy several more iPhones. I really wish the developer would fully implement this MIDILab App with its suite of interfaces. If the developer did this and improved the documentation, then this MidiLab App would be worth $5.99. The stand alone Apps like ITM Matrix are worth no more that $0.99.
I was excited to find this app but not sure about how much functionality a palm controller would have.
I am very satisfied.
- easy integration with proven tool chains (ableton, midiYoke, etc)
- ability to install the pc server driver wirelessly from the pod app
- great real time responsiveness
- multiple controller surfaces
- it would be nice to have more than the single page of buttons on the grids controller surface. How about changing pages with more buttons with a swipe of the finger across the page? Color coding should make for quick ID of what page you are on.
- how about a single page of 8 or so sliders for multitrack mixing or level control of individual tracks. A slider with tap on/off feature would be great.
- important install note: be sure you have iTunes installed on your pc. Otherwise you must install the bonjour driver at a min. I have iTunes on my desktop, but my lappy I use for ableton doesn't have iTunes.
- in ableton live, be sure to enable "remote" midi messages so you can assign buttons to the incoming messages.
Excellent midi controllers
Works very well in conjunction with Ableton Live. I'm running it on a router without any latency issues that I've noticed, but I suspect creating a network from the laptop would eliminate such a problem if you do have it. It works as a midi controller, so if your program doesn't support midi, well you need a different program, honestly. A useful demo of their other products; while I understand they wanted to demonstrate multiple uses of the iTM apps without giving away three products, I'd rather it just be one consistant device, rather than it being a different device each time you open the app. Still a great app for free.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 15, 2009
- Version: 1.2.5
- Size: 1.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nuno Pereira
- © 2009 Silicon Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.