iTopography - Advanced Area Calculator
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- Obtain coordinates (longitude, latitude) from the Google Map
- Create an infinite number of projects
- Import simple DXF files
- Email the data (longitude, latitude and altitude, and the coordinates of the points)
- Export the coordinates in a DXF file and then email it
- Zoom in/out on the map
- Rotate the map (360 degrees)
- Manually add points by giving the Longitude/Latitude of the point
- Compute the area of any sub-region on the fly
Calculating the area of a surface has never been easier!
Whether you are a civil engineer, a topographer, a student or a person who likes to build things on his/her own, you will find iTopography an invaluable tool.
iTopography is developed on the premise that a surface can be approximated as a polygon of finite number of lines and vertices (points). Therefore, iTopography can calculate the area of any surface, whether this surface is a garden, the living room, a field or even a geometrical shape for a homework class.
iTopography uses the GPS device to obtain the longitude and latitude of the current position. In the case of a weak signal (e.g., inside the house), the user is asked to give the distance between two adjacent points. In order for iTopography to compute the area of a surface, the user must move along the borders of the surface in a clockwise or counter-clockwise direction. When the user inserts the points, iTopography will connect the adjacent points with a straight line, draw the surface, and calculate the area of the surface along with its perimeter.
What's New in Version 2.5
- Fixed a bug that could cause the application to crash on iPhone devices
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 12, 2013
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Vasileios Gkanis
- © 2010 i-SmartSolutions
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.