iTrans Chicago CTA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Never miss your train again: live CTA Train Tracker times right on your iPhone! Plus smart directions, the official system map, push alerts for service advisories, line diagrams, and street map mode. The best app for the 'L' system in Chicago.
• Tap any station to see LIVE Train Tracker departure times, just like the overhead displays in the station. One touch tells you if you should hurry or stop for a cup of coffee on your way home.
• Get step-by-step directions between any two places. iTrans even figures out the best station to walk to and gives you walking directions.
• Browse through train schedules for any station. Great for finding that last train on a Saturday night!
• Get push alerts for service disruptions, customized to your line and your commute time. Plus service advisories are saved for offline browsing, so you can browse them when you don't have service.
• Page through the official CTA 'L' system map in beautiful high resolution.
• Street map mode shows you lines and station locations on a street map, along with every entrance and exit to station complexes. Never wander around looking for the stairway again.
This app is for the Chicago CTA 'L' system. Bus info is not included (yet). Official system map used under license from CTA.
What's New in Version 7.0
• Totally redesigned for iOS 7.
• New: advisories update in the background so you're always up-to-date.
• New: drag to reorder bookmarks in Edit mode.
• Updated schedules.
Good for planning your trip
I got this app when I was on vacation to Chicago. I was unfamiliar with the area and how to get around. I was able to put in the address of where I wanted to go and get route directions. After talking to some locals, I found out that it is not always the best/most direct route, but it did get us there without problems. The one improvement I would suggest would be the capability to put in a landmark rather than the address. That became a major issue to look up the address so I could type it into the app.
Not At All Helpful
First it told me I was outside the zone because I was trying to figure out my route from home. When I figured out how to route from the closest el station, it told me it couldn't route because I was in "subway only" mode and to try using bus mode. I tried that (even though I need the el and not busses), and it then told me it couldn't give me a route and I should try subway mode or choose a different time. So I tried a different time, and that didn't work, either. Just kept looping me through all the reasons it couldn't give me a route.
I suppose if all you need is the el map or the schedule it's fine, but you can get that on CTA's website for free and not bother with the $0.99.
Waste of $0.99.... 😕
My favorite until last week
I loved this app and relied on it daily to let me know when the next train would arrive. But about a week ago it stopped working and simply wouldn't load arrival times for any CTA line or stop. It is now working intermittently. I deleted and reinstalled it, and did everything else I could think of to get it to work, but it has become so unreliable that I'm now also using the ventra app, which isn't nearly as accurate. I hope it gets fixed soon!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 19, 2013
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 29.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Adam Ernst
- © 2008 iTrans
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.