iTrans NJT: NJ Transit Rail Schedules and Alerts
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Commute like a pro with easy offline schedules and live service alert info! Plus get push alerts for track numbers, delays, and service alerts (subscription required).
· Instant timetables between any stations, no Internet required
· See train schedules for any station at any time of day
· Browse the latest service alerts
· Search for stations with a tap, or browse stations by line
· With iTrans Pro (an extra subscription), see LIVE track numbers and train delays, plus sign up for push alerts for track numbers, delays, and service alerts.
· iTrans Pro is an auto-renewing 1-month subscription costing 99¢ per month.
· Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
· Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
· Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
· No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
This app is for the NJ Transit commuter rail system, but is not affiliated with or endorsed by NJ Transit. To learn more about iTrans, visit our website.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
✔ Fixes daylight savings time bug. Trains on Sunday Nov 6 were displayed incorrect by one hour, but all other days were unaffected.
✔ Fixes a bug that caused NJCL to appear instead of NEC after updating schedules. The schedules were correct; only the route name was displayed incorrectly.
✔ Fixes various minor bugs.
Looks good but fails to provide accurate schedules
This app has some great features and would be the best app available for the New Jersey transit train schedules, but for the fact that it fails in the most important aspect, i.e., itrans is unable to provide correct schedules consistently with regard to at least the New York Pennsylvania Station to South Orange route, it has no quality control and it has nonexistent customer service.
About a week ago, shortly after the new schedules were issued, I clicked on the support tab in the iPhone app and sent a message advising that the updated schedule is missing at least the 6:50 p.m. train from New York Pennsylvania Station to South Orange. I received no response, and the schedule is still incorrect.
When I first started using this app a couple of years ago, its schedules related to South Orange were horrendous (the application constantly showed that there are no trains from New York Penn Station to South Orange. I emailed the developer several times about this error and got no response), but over the last year, it seemed to have improved greatly. It is a disappointment that itrans cannot seem to provide reliably consistent correct times regarding this route.
As a result, I am having to use other apps that, although they do not have as good features, at least they provide me with the accurate information (which is the most important aspect of any train schedule app).
Simple and smart
When you use iTrans it feels like an app that actually could have been made by Apple... or better. A lot of care has been taken to make the user interface informative and intuitive - an accumulation of little details and niceties that I appreciate after several months of usage. Today I signed up for the 99c/month subscription to enable push notifications. It's worth it to me as I commute from NY to NJ and back every day. A lot of apps can provide this kind of information, so what I look for is usability and visual appeal.
One of my most-used apps. I commute via train and can't live without it. Gives you track updates.. also, you can set up alerts for specific times (like rush hour) and you get notifications if your train is late. I also love that it shows all the stops for each train (no more guessing which are express and which are local). A MUST have, especially if you use the train a lot.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 13, 2011
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Adam Ernst
- © 2008 iTrans
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- NJT Pro$0.99