iTrans NYC Subway
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate NYC transit app, featuring realtime arrival info plus subway and bus directions, service advisories, timetables, push alerts, walking maps, and station entrance/exit data.
• Live train times let you seen exactly when your train will arrive. (Only for MTA lines with countdown clocks: currently the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and Times Sq Shuttle.)
• Easy step-by-step directions mean you always know the fastest route. Subway directions even work offline underground!
• System advisories, including background updating so you always have the latest information.
• See train schedules for any station at any time of day
• Use Street Map mode to see bus stations and bus times
• Get push alerts for delays, customized for your route and commute time
• See subway lines, stations, entrances, and exits overlaid on a street map
• Browse the latest service advisories even while offline
• See your Current Location with a tap; get walking directions to nearby stations
• Beautiful graphics, including high-resolution maps for the Retina display
• Review line diagrams to see stations, transfers, and express/local timing
• Search for stations with a few taps
Remember: the New York subway is a complex system and can't follow the timetables perfectly. The MTA timetables are included for guidance only.
This app is for the MTA New York City subway and bus system, and features a licensed MTA map. To learn more about iTrans, report problems, or request new features, visit our website.
What's New in Version 8.1
Adds 34 St-Hudson Yards.
Worth every dime
Honestly, this was my first app purchase back in 2009, and it's still the only app I've ever spent more than 2 bucks on, and it's totally worth it. As a life long New Yorker, I only wish I had this app growing up. Bite the bullet and pay the money. You won't be disappointed.
I find this app easy to use. It's great for planning trips and finding the best routes. I also use it for finding where the exits are for each station so I can better decide where to sit on the train.
The best map app out there, period.
I love these features:
• displays live and scheduled arrival times
• shows the beautiful mta neighborhood maps (cleverly hidden though - you have to click through the station pages to get there)
• offline maps so you can see the maps even when in the subway
I want this feature:
• The ability to add personal notes for each station.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 08, 2015
- Version: 8.1
- Size: 39.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Adam Ernst
- © 2010 iTrans
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.