iTrans NYC Subway
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate NYC transit app, featuring realtime arrival info plus subway and bus directions, service advisories, timetables, push alerts, walking maps, and station entrance/exit data.
• Live train times let you seen exactly when your train will arrive. (Only for MTA lines with countdown clocks: currently the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and Times Sq Shuttle.)
• Easy step-by-step directions mean you always know the fastest route. Subway directions even work offline underground!
• System advisories, including background updating so you always have the latest information.
• See train schedules for any station at any time of day
• Use Street Map mode to see bus stations and bus times
• Get push alerts for delays, customized for your route and commute time
• See subway lines, stations, entrances, and exits overlaid on a street map
• Browse the latest service advisories even while offline
• See your Current Location with a tap; get walking directions to nearby stations
• Beautiful graphics, including high-resolution maps for the Retina display
• Review line diagrams to see stations, transfers, and express/local timing
• Search for stations with a few taps
Remember: the New York subway is a complex system and can't follow the timetables perfectly. The MTA timetables are included for guidance only.
This app is for the MTA New York City subway and bus system, and features a licensed MTA map. To learn more about iTrans, report problems, or request new features, visit our website.
What's New in Version 8.1.1
Fixes push notifications
Finally! Notifications are back!
Not sure why this update took so long. However, I’m glad to have my original subway map and status alerts via notifications back on the home screen! I’ve had this app since it was first released and have come to reply on it implicitly for my daily NYC commute. While there are several other subway apps out there, I’m partial to the informative nature of iTrans and the simplicity of use. Thanks for the update. Now my iPhone 6s Plus has notification setting again for iTrans. Yay!
Best App I've ever paid for!
Living in NYC getting to work on time in the morning is critical to your survival. With iTrains, you can stay on point by checking the schedule 20min before you leave your place. Day time be there a few min ahead & your guaranteed to catch that train, at night few min after time stated. Advisories page is a Gawdsend, you can plan your route on funky MTA late nights & weekends. You'll never be late again for work or personal appointments. Besides my baby's # best thing on my phone!
push alerts finally fixed
Push alerts for subway diversions were broken for many months with zero response from the developer. As of this update, they seem to be fixed.
Overall, this is a stellar subway app and offers a great number of features that work without an Internet connection (essential for a subway app). Highly recommended.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jan 19, 2016
- Version: 8.1.1
- Size: 39.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Adam Ernst
- © 2010 iTrans
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.